GUI Images

Krom

Don't know if you think it's a very important function to add, but could you give us an ability to rotate GUI static Images? It's boring and abnormal to draw 360 similar images, and then replace them one by one. Having such a nice way to deal with image could make my life much more easier, guys ;)

Which begs the question.. what do you plan to use it for?

Edit:

YAY 300th post :roll:

Probably some kind of speed-o-meter with a rotating needle.

Edit:

I've just had a look at the source but correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like CEGUI does not support rotating of native CEGUI elements very well. I could however find this post on their forums.

I want to rotate the CEGUI's staticImage or window,but I don't know how to do?

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible

Next cegui version will make this easy to do. Right now you can probably do this manually by rendering the GUI window you want into a render texture and apply this texture onto a quad you then can animate.

In other words, maybe it's easy to implement when the new CEGUI version is released.

Now it's clear, thanks. As for that "speedo", DX drawing can help in some cases. But it's useless, if you want to rotate an image.

The whole point is, that you don't need to rotate an image for the needle, you can just draw it with DX.

OF course, it might be slightly harder to get it to look good.

The whole point is, that you don't need to rotate an image for the needle, you can just draw it with DX.

I wasn't mentioned any "needle" and "speed-o-meter" at all, btw ;) The whole point is nothing else than "I need to rotate an image". Anyway, may it be 360 of images for now, till they give us that awesome new CEGUI version.

I wasn't mentioned any "needle" and "speed-o-meter" at all, btw ;) The whole point is nothing else than "I need to rotate an image". Anyway, may it be 360 of images for now, till they give us that awesome new CEGUI version.

As far as the whole speedometer thing goes, I was talking to Ace_Gambit and not you: you'd already gotten your answer.. :P