Suggestions...

robhol

1) Hash check on d3d9.dll and other critical game files.

Most cheats seem to use d3d9 to tap into the game.

By making a hash check before launching the game, and halting if the hash is invalid, most cheating nubs could be prevented from loading up the game and pestering good honest players.

(And good honest server owners/admins. :roll: )

Hell, this hash could be sent to each server and verified there, to prevent client-side hacking.

2) Cancel-able connect event?

Could be useful if you want to deny access without using the standard ban - if only to give a custom ban message etc.

Bascially, by cancelling the connect event one could prevent a player from joining the game in the same way a ban does.

3) Extended client-side file IO

Very useful indeed, if it turns out the serial system gets cracked. (Like it probably will. Survival chances are slim, let's face it. People who could've used their skills to do something constructive like bringing peace to the world, are instead making sure 11yo moronic kids can cheat at online games. Jesus.)

Would have create-read-write access to for example the whole C:\ drive, but only to special files - to prevent people phucking up people's PCs using MTA. For example, files created with mta could have a little tag in them, etc.

The point is not to access the client's files or change them, but to be able to save game data in places that make them harder to find, access, tamper with or delete.

robhol you do know that there will be some kind of anti-cheat module for 1.0?

And well I think a hash check is pretty unsafe as the developers of d3d9.dll's just have to add/remove a few characters to/from the source that don't affect it's behaviour and the hash has changed... d3d9.dll's should be banned completly imo.

robhol you do know that there will be some kind of anti-cheat module for 1.0?

And well I think a hash check is pretty unsafe as the developers of d3d9.dll's just have to add/remove a few characters to/from the source that don't affect it's behaviour and the hash has changed... d3d9.dll's should be banned completly imo.

In 1.0 there shall be a d3d9.dll but obviously encrypted somewhere (dont ask me where :P) in the client OR server (again, dont ask me here neither) (i heard this somewhere)

Well, #2 is already tracked, #1 and #3 got brutally shot down.. I guess that means we'll have a good 2-3 days relative peace from cheaters, until the serial system is cracked. :|

Uh oh, dp1 serial system didn't get cracked in 2-3 days, not even 2-3 month.

The d3d9.dll won't be checked like that. There is a much more advanced way in mta, yet disabled for some reasons explained on the forum many times.

And no, you will never get access to read/write files anywhere outside resources folders, very bad and insecure idea. Unless you want server owners to be able to make scripts that can completely break your OS.

Well, #2 is already tracked, #1 and #3 got brutally shot down.. I guess that means we'll have a good 2-3 days relative peace from cheaters, until the serial system is cracked. :|

You mean DP2 right? cause DP2 was released a week after DP1

You mean DP2 right? cause DP2 was released a week after DP1

Ok, so, what's the difference? what was your comment about?