about 1.0

Buffalo

some qestions..

1) do element "player" is now associated along with "ped" (scriptingside)?

2) does 1.0 beta realease includes all new functions, that written in wiki?

3) why 1.0 cannnot load my .map file, that did load in early dp releases? aren't it synced while in beta?

4) is 1.0 beta release enough stable, that i can start upgrading my gamemodes to fit it?

5) can 1.0 beta load modules now?

6) will already released modules be needed to upgrade to fit mta 1.0?

7) is 1.0 beta released just for developing, or gamemodes upgrading too?

8) is map editor present? can't get launched;

9) what about script converter, that converts .pwn to .lua?

10) what about 'built in mta' serials keys in 1.0 nightly releases , 1.0?

11) What means 'BEFORE VERSION 1.0' on the wiki?

Edited by Guest
some qestions..

do element "player" is now associated along with "ped" ?

does 1.0 beta realease includes all new functions?

why 1.0 cannnot load my .map file, that did load in early dp releases? aren't it synced while in beta?

is 1.0 beta release enough stable, that i can start upgrading my gamemode functions?

can 1.0 beta load modules now?

will it need to sync already released modules to mta 1.0?

is 1.0 beta released just for developing, or gamemodes upgrading too?

is map editor present? can't get launched;

1) I don't have the correct answer to that but afiak those are two different entities. The main difference (I assume) is that players are always synchronized and representing remote clients whereas peds are primarily meant for client side purposes.

2) When 1.0 is released it should contain all the functions mentioned on the wiki.

3) Some old functions are bugged in the nightly builds. Try to find out what's causing your map not to load and post your issues in the bug tracker (make sure the report doesn't exist already).

4) In my experience it is.

5) Yes, but the configuration syntax is slightly different. You must fetch the server configuration files from the repository.

6) What do you mean by that? DP2 modules should work with nightly builds afaik.

7) The source was released to encourage coders to anticipate in the project. You can however download the nightly builds to upgrade your game mode without having to build it from source.

8 ) No.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

some qestions..

do element "player" is now associated along with "ped" ?

does 1.0 beta realease includes all new functions?

why 1.0 cannnot load my .map file, that did load in early dp releases? aren't it synced while in beta?

is 1.0 beta release enough stable, that i can start upgrading my gamemode functions?

can 1.0 beta load modules now?

will it need to sync already released modules to mta 1.0?

is 1.0 beta released just for developing, or gamemodes upgrading too?

is map editor present? can't get launched;

1) I don't have the correct answer to that but afiak those are two different entities. The main difference (I assume) is that players are always synchronized and representing remote clients whereas peds are primarily meant for client side purposes.

2) When 1.0 is released it should contain all the functions mentioned on the wiki.

3) Some old functions are bugged in the nightly builds. Try to find out what's causing your map not to load and post your issues in the bug tracker (make sure the report doesn't exist already).

4) In my experience it is.

5) Yes, but the configuration syntax is slightly different. You must fetch the server configuration files from the repository.

6) What do you mean by that? DP2 modules should work with nightly builds afaik.

7) The source was released to encourage coders to anticipate in the project. You can however download the nightly builds to upgrade your game mode without having to build it from source.

8 ) No.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

1) all functions using "player" returns nil

5) What you mean? (i can't load any module)

so, to set player skin, i need to use setPedSkin, which is client-side only?..

Many (but not all) player function were replaced by ped functions as ped functions are also working with "player" elements. Just look here. Only the functions inside the red box won't work in 1.0.

Yea, i know that from wiki, but it looks like 'player' element tree not exists any more, instead it is along with 'ped' tree;

10) what about 'built in mta' serials keys in 1.0 nightly releases , 1.0?

11) What means 'BEFORE VERSION 1.0' on the wiki?

There's the new serials system, you can login in the mta client and will get assigned a serial which you can futher view at http://dp3.community.multitheftauto.com/ (Don't look at the 'dp3' in the name, that's just a temp address)

'BEFORE VERSION 1.0' means that the function has been removed, more likely replaced with some better variant.