I reccomend this text editor for LUA.

DazzaJay

I have been using Notepad2 for a long time, because its as fast and as simple as "Notepad" but has had Syntax highlighting for a lot of code styles, like PHP and HTML and all that, and i have now found a Fan-Updated version with LUA Syntax Highlighting.

http://zigmar.googlepages.com/notepad2withluasupport

the things i like about it is:

1. it loads in less than a quarter of a second, even on a terrible PC.

2. its just notepad with some extra features, so its easy to use.

3. it has the Syntax highliting for LUA.

4. its Epic.

i have attached some screenshots of it in action.

[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]1.jpg[/attachment]

Things I like about Notepad ++:

1. It loads in about 2 seconds. (longer, but a quarter of a second is equally good as 2 seconds IMO)

2. This is a notepad with extra features, even easier to use than the original notepad. (the simple things then, the added ones can be a little harder)

3. It has syntax highlighting for LUA AND MTA's added commands. It also has auto-completion on the MTA commands.

4. There's barely anything you need except for the things that are in this. If there's something you still want in it, just download a plugin and you have it. :P

Besides, I don't like how it looks... I really prefer Notepad++ already for it's look and the MTA highlighting download on this board. :)

Well, my main reason for liking Notepad2 is because i have been using i for years.

But i dont really understand the logic in saying that Notepad++ is "eaisier to use" than notepad. what was hard about opening notepad, and then, typing?

Easier because I use the replace feature a lot and was never able to remember the hotkey to it. While in notepad++, it's simply CTRL+F, and pressing the replace tab. :P

Furthermore the standard features are not any harder to find, so I think it's an improvement.