Nightly builds crash dumps

Install dirs:

GTASA: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\

MTA: C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas

Version: R111

EDIT: More dumps included. Those all happened afterwards. Probably same cause though.

Speaking of a cause, this only seems to occur with other players and vehicles. When they stream in or you target them with a cursor/specific place in the cam/weapon pointer. (especially occupied Hunter so it seems, me and Hannu crashed several times from it)

This also explains why it's happening in for example I69 and my (poorly) converted BFSA, but not with broph + superman.

EDIT2: Willy was quite right indeed... >.<

I've experienced most crashes when trying Interstate69, which seems to crash for me all the time... Furthermore, the part I already said in previous edit.

And R115 isn't a solution as far as I could see in the last 2 crashes... :( But well, I'll just keep hoping the solution is here soon. Perhaps in 121 which I'm downloading? :P

Edited by Guest

Game directories:

MTA: C:\Program files\MTA nightly

GTASA: C:\gtafornightly\GTA San Andreas

Version: R111

dumps2.rar[/attachment]

These came when i had used setWeather(-66) and after that flew with the superman script in the edges of the gta sa map..

(in version R115)

[attachment=0]dumps3.rar[/attachment]

Edited by Guest

r111

** -- Unhandled exception -- ** 

Time = Sun Nov 30 15:01:50 2008 
Code = 0xC0000005 
Offset = 0x72746150 

EAX=00000004  EBX=00000000  ECX=0F4B9764  EDX=00863C40  ESI=0F4B9764 
EDI=00000016  EBP=7E370A72  ESP=0022FDA8  EIP=72746150  FLG=00010202 
CS=001B   DS=0023  SS=0023  ES=0023   FS=003B  GS=0000 

** -- End of unhandled exception -- ** 

guys, while posting dumps is good in itself, they can be pretty pointless if you don't try to explain what you were doing at the time, and if there are any steps to reproducing the crash - i.e. going back and trying to make yourself crash again, do it successfully a few times and it can mean the difference between a crash being fixed or not.

guys, while posting dumps is good in itself, they can be pretty pointless if you don't try to explain what you were doing at the time, and if there are any steps to reproducing the crash - i.e. going back and trying to make yourself crash again, do it successfully a few times and it can mean the difference between a crash being fixed or not.

we explained everything to lil_toady @IRC so ill explain again...

I hardly had the crashes only in stealth but that was the gamemode itself, all the others seemed to keep crashing when someone shoots at them, ill tell you how...everythime i was in a hunter and started fireing at everyone, their clients crashed, Gamesnert keps crashing on Interstate 69 while others werent, infact Gamesnert didnt even manage to play at all and for some reason i had the most stable client.

Try interstate on the nearest nightly, i think i fixed the crash Gamesnert was getting

75% of the times I get timeouts while trying to connect to the server, i keep on insisting but i still get timeouts, to fix this problem i must restart mta, also "host a game" dosent work, i choose my resources and when the window comes up "starting local server" it remains and nothing happenes, and ive given it enough time. And Gamesnert still crashes when he kills a player, the rest for all but in other gamemodes, is stealth fixed now?

Edited by Guest
Try interstate on the nearest nightly, i think i fixed the crash Gamesnert was getting

Hmmm... Still persists... I guess you need dumps to see if there's another problem, so here they are. Only 2, since I've been spending the rest of my time playing GTA IV. :P (And installing Windows XP Service Pack 3...)

EDIT: Let's not forget the dumps... >.<

EDIT2: Another one, this one was because of having custom models on the server... I got a window like: "Abort, retry or ignore"... When I tried retry, it crashed... With ignore it worked however! Just only thing was, that I got 8 of em in total... Amount of replaced models: 9. Amount of errors: 8. Worked errorless when only 1 model was used.

• 1 month later...

22 crashes in 3 days... Will I be in the guiness book of records? :D

Zip is here:

[attachment=0]dumps.zip[/attachment]

I don't remember how all of them happened. But about 4 are from Interstate69, a few from some other gamemodes, and a whole load from randomly messing around.

Some reasons for certain crashes:

-Setting a lot of peds to choking with setPedChoking seems to cause a crash. (one of the last dumps)

-Disconnecting sometimes seems to make me crash

-Interstate still seems to make me crash. (somewhere between dumps 01012009_2125 and 01012009_2337)

-(quite) A few appeared to be random, not sure what the cause was.

Hope it helps. ;)

22 crashes in 3 days... Will I be in the guiness book of records? :D

Zip is here:

[attachment=1]dumps.zip[/attachment]

I don't remember how all of them happened. But about 4 are from Interstate69, a few from some other gamemodes, and a whole load from randomly messing around.

Some reasons for certain crashes:

-Setting a lot of peds to choking with setPedChoking seems to cause a crash. (one of the last dumps)

-Disconnecting sometimes seems to make me crash

-Interstate still seems to make me crash. (somewhere between dumps 01012009_2125 and 01012009_2337)

-(quite) A few appeared to be random, not sure what the cause was.

Hope it helps. ;)

I've got one too but unlike Gamesnert i hardly ever get crashes so i must be lucky, got 1 dump and i don't know how/when i got it but i was playing around with peds, playing race and stealth, sorry if i wasnt' so helpful but i didn't get any crashes so i don't know what else to say :P

• 2 months later...
newest build 25th march 2009 r547

crashing after 'stop playing with yourself' dialog, previous released build r543 still works normally :?

tried deleting the gta setting file and a bunch of other stuff, no difference made.

Have fixed that already, it will be fine in the next nightly. Was a problem with EU versions of SA