The most blatently obvious: How to upload and download maps

I've made maps in the past and cant remember how I managed to upload them or even download them on this cryptic, labyrinthine website. I've wasted about half an hour already trying to find out the answer to this obvious question..

"You can use FTP or SFTP or SCP or whatever" - what does that mean? Abbreviations are useless because they mean a million things in a million different parts of the internet.

"http://center.mtasa.com/" just takes me to a page with news [doesn't even offer a full list of it, either], and other irrelevant links. The link "Downloads" really should have a sub-link to people's maps but it doesn't. "Resources", which I found in some other corner of this website (which I now can't find), looked warmer...there seemed to be a place to upload files (although they were probably for DeathMatch not Race) but nowhere to download them....

Please simplify this website. Nobody should have to resort to forums (which have endless numbers of posts which, like this one probably does, repeat each other, and have no search function) just to work out how to use this website

There should be a link on the front page of multitheftauto.com with a full range of 'downloads' (including everything that can be downloaded with any relevance to mta - yes, including maps) and a place to 'upload' (where you can upload maps/mods/screenshots/whatever).