Problem with gamemode rotation

Lander

Hi

When someone vote for a new gamemode in my server, or when I change the gamemode with /changemode , the gamemode has changed, but the old gamemode it's still there. For example:

The default gamemode in my server is Freeroam GUI, it's start with the server. When someone change the gamemode, the change happends, but when someone press F1, it show the menu of Freeroam GUI.

What is the problem??????

Thanks

The default gamemode in my server is Freeroam GUI, it's start with the server. When someone change the gamemode, the change happends, but when someone press F1, it show the menu of Freeroam GUI.

Here's the prob. Wondering why? ;)

It a simple way how it works: You start your server, and it starts freeroam like you did "start freeroam". When you use votemanager to change the mode, the vote pops up and it ends up with sending the resource "mapmanager" a command how to change the gamemode.

The command arrived at the resource, and mapmanager switches the gamemode to it. But hold it... mapmanager doesn't have a gamemode running, so instead of switching, it'll start the given gamemode.

Why is this happening? Why doesn't it detect your gamemode? Well, because it only detects a gamemode if it's started BY mapmanager. If it isn't, it'll ignore your resource.

The solution is simple: Either start freeroam manually with the syntax: "gamemode freeroam" at server start, make a resource that automatically starts and sends a changeGamemode command to the mapmanager, (doing the same, but automatically) or you won't swap.

I'd go for the second solution. It's really the simplest way on the long term. (unless you don't know how to script, but I might put mine up on community.multitheftauto.com)

Hope it helps, ;)

Gamesnert.

The solution is simple: Either start freeroam manually with the syntax: "gamemode freeroam" at server start, make a resource that automatically starts and sends a changeGamemode command to the mapmanager, (doing the same, but automatically) or you won't swap.

How i could do that???? Sorry, I'm not scripter

How i could do that???? Sorry, I'm not scripter

For now, don't let the gamemode automatically start. Then open the server, and type "gamemode freeroam". I'll see if I can upload it soon.