Launching MTA DM externally; Startup parameter for DM

Guest Kampfbaehr

Hello :)

I have found this wiki-page which describe how to use parameters/startupoptions for MTA Race.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/index.php?title=L ... externally

I didn't found any documentation about such startupparameters for MTA Deathmatch.

By trying to apply the same syntax to MTA Deathmatch I get an error.

I tried this:

"Multi Theft Auto.exe" -l deathmatch myNickname 127.0.0.1 22004 

For trying to build a new gamemode it is very strange to switch MTA DM on/off for making changes in the map and script files. Because of this I wish to make MTAs (DM) startup faster.

Thanks for any help!

Before I have found the launch option I tried this too. But the first time I got an error (wrong syntax...). Now it works. :roll: Thanks! :)

MTA starts now faster (without sleep to much at the intro screens) - but the autoconnect does not work? Anyway... for the moment this helps go get MTA start faster!

On the way... anybody knows ways/methods to make editing files (xml, map, lua) easier?

It would help if it is possible to switch from MTA to desktop or by using an ingame editor.

• 2 months later...

Advice from a scripter:

1. Run MTA (you'll do this only once)

2. When you get to the main window open the console (~ key) and type "window" (without quotes)

3. Now you'll see your Notepad++ and anything else you need, of course alt-tab will work too but it won't be necessary.

It's that simple ;)

• 4 weeks later...