• 3 months later...

bump....

..this board looks extremely boring and empty without signatures. :|

What is the obsession with signatures? the forum looks a lot better when it isn't cluttered up with oversized signatures that server no purpose other than being a witty remark or an advert...

...there are options in the ACP to avoid this. :wink:

I'd sure like to be able to use a signature too. Come on, what's the point of witty comments if you don't have a signature to put them in! D:

As for the oversizing and fugliness issue (incidentally, interestingly, Talidan's is an example of a sig from Hell :) ) removing a sig takes 30sec. You can also, IIRC, block images larger than X*Ypx.

from a design point of view the forum looks much cleaner, and does its job much better, without signatures ruining the view.

The other thing to do is end all of your posts with a mock sig, much like this:

I R MADE A FUNNEH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bring 'em back!

It would bring some color and diversity to the forum and will give people a chance to represent their communities/server. For those complaining about signature sizes: rules restrcitions can be easily installed or simply enforced.

There were removed because people took the piss with them and they also slowed down the site, specially for people on lower connections that had the wait for the images to load <_<

Most people aren't on dial-up anymore.

I suggest making a couple of rules like max 100px total height, max x kB, max 4/5 lines of text, etc. and possibly, no animated sigs/avatars. That way sigs won't be 5 screens long or induce seizures.

Also, in my opinion, advertising a server/host in a sig isn't that huge a crime, as long as the advertisement itself doesn't flash in red and yellow and takes an hour to load.

I suggest making a couple of rules like max 100px total height, max x kB, max 4/5 lines of text, etc. and possibly, no animated sigs/avatars. That way sigs won't be 5 screens long or induce seizures.

this can all be adjusted in the phpbb ACP. (accept the animated thingy .. but.. it's not that important if it's animated or not, what counts is the file-size of the sig/avatar)

it would take like 2 minutes to change the settings. :P

• 3 months later...

I think this would be a great opportunity to reinstate signatures. We are at the crossroads of bringing the MTA community back to life. Signatures where people can represent their server in, or whatever aspect of MTA they want to promote, can contribute to weaving a new fabric for the community.

Of course size restrictions have to be set up.

I agree with Kosmo.

I won’t say much, I agree with certain users that some signatures make the forums look rather untidy but at the same time, some are much more beneficial than others and help promote an interest for separate clans, events and communities. I don’t expect these forums to have hundreds of new members but certainly those of the few who may register might take an interest in a few.