Multi Theft Auto now opened for business

darkdreamingdan

Yeah wtf BBCode isnt working.. wtf!!

There's an option to disable BBCode. You might have accendarently clicked it? :P

Anyway, I guess the possibility of hacking will increase due to this, but just not that much. Besides, can't you also use the open source for making ANTI-cheats? :D

But now it's open-source, will DP3 possibly release earlier? If it might, I'd be really happy! :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah wtf BBCode isnt working.. wtf!!

There's an option to disable BBCode. You might have accendarently clicked it? :P

Anyway, I guess the possibility of hacking will increase due to this, but just not that much. Besides, can't you also use the open source for making ANTI-cheats? :D

But now it's open-source, will DP3 possibly release earlier? If it might, I'd be really happy! :)

DP3 is a lie. 1.0 is hopefully not too far away though.

The latest nightly gives the error:

exception processing message c0000135 parameters 75b6bf7c

And after that the "Network module could not be located". Tried copying the dll file it from MTA to SA main dir, didn't help.

But it's the wrong place to report it anyway...

EDIT: Using Windows XP SP3

Edited by Guest

And after that the "Network module could not be located". Tried copying it from MTA to SA main dir, didn't help.

More detailed:

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000135 Parameters

0x000007FEFD5C7240 0x000007FEFD5C7240 0x000007FEFD5C7240

0x000007FEFD5C7240

Network module could not be located!

I'm using Vista x64, could that be the problem?

• MTA Team
Why not, though? If MTA 0.5 is "possible" according to eAi, I don't see why not. :) The only reason I can see, really, is if you want MTA:Race to stay buggy, so people have more incentive to use MTA:DM. Anyway, I remember hearing similar statements (it's not going to happen!) back when ASE went down, and still eAi heroically decided to fix Race one last time. I will just cross my fingers and wait for eAi to reply. :)

BTW, how come I can't use BBCode? :/ It says "BBCode is OFF", and I can't find any way to enable it.

Why should we go towards a scenario of supporting and developing two mods for the same game, in which the first one was old and was fully included in the other one, and other mod had a setting which you could make it compatible with first one and make it to work exactly the same way like the older mod? It's like asking Mozilla to continue support for their 0.x series of Firefox, when you can use the latest version which does the same, has more features, is faster and more secure... just doesn't make much sense.

There is no reason not to switch to the new version, it allows you the same what Race allowed you, only that it does it better and can go beyond that.

If there is a specific reason why you don't want to switch to a newer version of mod equipped with race gamemode (or its variant mentioned in Talidan's post above), please tell us what is it. We could then think of a way to solve the issue, so both parties would be happy about it.

As for 0.x sources, public release of them actually would have some sense, as 0.x series are currently the only versions we offer for gta3/vc, though it's rather unlikely to happen anyway.

Why should we go towards a scenario of supporting and developing two mods for the same game, in which the first one was old and was fully included in the other one, and other mod had a setting which you could make it compatible with first one and make it to work exactly the same way like the older mod?

Releasing the source code is not, however, the same as supporting and developing two mods in parallel. In fact, the only thing it does is enable people (like myself) that still care about Race to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak, and fix those few annoying bugs left that bug Race players on a daily basis. All you have to do is release the source. You don't have to support Race at all.

It's like asking Mozilla to continue support for their 0.x series of Firefox, when you can use the latest version which does the same, has more features, is faster and more secure... just doesn't make much sense.

I am not asking you to support Race other than release the source.

However, there is nothing wrong with supporting legacy versions of software in general. Firefox 2 is still supported by Mozilla, for instance, albeit it is ending soon.

There is no reason not to switch to the new version, it allows you the same what Race allowed you, only that it does it better and can go beyond that.

Yes, in theory, but it's not as good as MTA:Race yet. That's not because the MTA:DM's Race is crap, but because you set the bar very high with MTA:Race - kudos for that. I can understand why the devs don't want to focus needlessly on supporting legacy software, but why bar the community from taking the job? After all, as far as I see it, that's what open-source is all about.

If there is a specific reason why you don't want to switch to a newer version of mod equipped with race gamemode (or its variant mentioned in Talidan's post above), please tell us what is it. We could then think of a way to solve the issue, so both parties would be happy about it.

I do, eventually, want to switch to MTA:DM for Race. That's always been the idea. It will, however, take some time before the Race mod in DM becomes good enough, and if the bugs in MTA:Race aren't too hard to fix, then it should take considerably less time to fix these, and so we can have a less annoying MTA:Race while we wait for the Race mod in DM to mature.

You guys should hire your own hackers as well to combat it. Have them purposely find security holes so you can patch them. That's what ALOT of large software companies do. The beta community could also do the same, but with bugs.

As for MTA 0.5, please tell me there's a chance for a comeback on this still. Users have been neglected on this for years, and I've repeatedly posted this about it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mtab1u3/petition.html

Please, make MTA 0.5 also open source and continue work on it. If you guys are currently too focused on MTA:SA versions, why not atleast create another additional team to work on MTA 0.5 and get it running perfectly again...

As for MTA 0.5, please tell me there's a chance for a comeback on this still. Users have been neglected on this for years, and I've repeatedly posted this about it:

Please, make MTA 0.5 also open source and continue work on it. If you guys are currently too focused on MTA:SA versions, why not atleast create another additional team to work on MTA 0.5 and get it running perfectly again...

I'd be willing to work on 0.5 SCM-wise, but I would need some C++ people to handle the client. First thing I'd do (assuming I got someone to work on the client) is fix the server browser, add my VC SCM update, add Steam's version of VC/GTA3 support (somebody said this was a simple check of the game .exe version before I believe so that should be easy), and release that after further testing. Then we'd go from there.

Of course, a VC module for Blue would be a significantly better option in the long run but until somebody decides to undertake that, then 0.5 seems to be our only short-term option.

I updated the permissions, BBCode should work now

Yay!! Its working now!

I'd be willing to work on 0.5 SCM-wise, but I would need some C++ people to handle the client. First thing I'd do (assuming I got someone to work on the client) is fix the server browser, add my VC SCM update, add Steam's version of VC/GTA3 support (somebody said this was a simple check of the game .exe version before I believe so that should be easy), and release that after further testing. Then we'd go from there.

Of course, a VC module for Blue would be a significantly better option in the long run but until somebody decides to undertake that, then 0.5 seems to be our only short-term option.

Yeha i would be nice to have and upto-date MTA Blue core working with VC. But that would be no easy task, although most of the code could be used from SA you would have to find the Mem Adresses and crap like that for VC.

Come on, please! Users have been begging for years for MTA 0.5 updates! If you're no longer working on it, then why question releasing the source? There's really no loss for you guys if you do. Personally, I still think you should release the source code, and then set up an additional team specifically there to work on just the MTA:3/VC project. Once things start rolling along, you could create a beta testing community to try and find all the bugs in it. After that, release it. If the current code is a mess from hell, I don't see the issue with releasing it to the public. Atleast this way someone can't take advantage of this and fix it's issues... :mrgreen:

• MTA Team

And after that the "Network module could not be located". Tried copying it from MTA to SA main dir, didn't help.

I'm using Vista x64, could that be the problem?

Missing dll. If you installed nightly + additional files from nightly.multitheftauto.com correctly according to their README's, it's most likely libcurl.dll. Get it from dll-files.com.

However, there is nothing wrong with supporting legacy versions of software in general. Firefox 2 is still supported by Mozilla, for instance, albeit it is ending soon.

The example I've used (0.x vs 3.0+) is still valid, as I didn't say anything about not supporting legacy versions in general (and Fx 0.x isn't supported nowadays) . I've picked these versions for purpose, to reflect the scale of changes between racemod and dm (its coming-soon stable 1.0 version at least).

Yes, in theory, but it's not as good as MTA:Race yet. That's not because the MTA:DM's Race is crap, but because you set the bar very high with MTA:Race - kudos for that (...)
I do, eventually, want to switch to MTA:DM for Race. That's always been the idea. It will, however, take some time before the Race mod in DM becomes good enough (...)

Like I've said, try to pinpoint these problems then, regardless if they're strictly, semi-strictly or not strictly at all related with the mod. For mod-specific bugs, you can use our bugtracker, for gamemode ones - just contact arc_ , you can find him in #mta-dev channel on GTANet.

Please, make MTA 0.5 (..) and continue work on it. If you guys are currently too focused on MTA:SA versions, why not atleast create another additional team to work on MTA 0.5 and get it running perfectly again...

Its development would have to be handled by a team made of third-party volunteers at best. We have one volunteer already as you can see (hi Towncivilian :P), but the project would need more to run itself in a way it's going to make those needed important changes to the mod at every aspect which requires them.

Oh, and I would say that running perfectly is a very relative term when it comes to 0.5 :lol:

The example I've used (0.x vs 3.0+) is still valid, as I didn't say anything about not supporting legacy versions in general (and Fx 0.x isn't supported nowadays) . I've picked these versions for purpose, to reflect the scale of changes between racemod and dm (its coming-soon stable 1.0 version at least).

There really is no point of discussing this, as it's purely up to the individual projects' developers to decide whether they want to support legacy versions. As such it doesn't make much sense to compare to other projects or draw analogies. It is, however, ironic that MTA:Race is version 1.1.2 stable and MTA:DM is still pre-beta with it's v1.0-dp2.3. ;-)

New Error Latest Rev

------ Build started: Project: Shared - XML, Configuration: Nightly Win32 ------ 
Linking... 
   Creating library ./Release/xmll.lib and object ./Release/xmll.exp 
CXMLAttributeImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(struct std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Has_debug_it)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@U_Has_debug_it@01@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall TiXmlAttribute::TiXmlAttribute(char const *,char const *)" (??0TiXmlAttribute@@QAE@PBD0@Z) 
CXMLFileImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(struct std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Has_debug_it)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@U_Has_debug_it@01@@Z) 
tinyxml.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(struct std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Has_debug_it)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@U_Has_debug_it@01@@Z) 
tinyxmlparser.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(struct std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Has_debug_it)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@U_Has_debug_it@01@@Z) 
CXMLAttributesImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: class CXMLAttribute * const & __thiscall std::list<class CXMLAttribute *,class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *> >::_Const_iterator<1>::operator*(void)const " (??D?$_Const_iterator@$00@?$list@PAVCXMLAttribute@@V?$allocator@PAVCXMLAttribute@@@std@@@std@@QBEABQAVCXMLAttribute@@XZ) 
CXMLNodeImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW 
CXMLAttributesImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (__imp_?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z) referenced in function "public: class CXMLAttribute * const & __thiscall std::list<class CXMLAttribute *,class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *> >::_Const_iterator<1>::operator*(void)const " (??D?$_Const_iterator@$00@?$list@PAVCXMLAttribute@@V?$allocator@PAVCXMLAttribute@@@std@@@std@@QBEABQAVCXMLAttribute@@XZ) 
CXMLNodeImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (__imp_?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z) 
CXMLAttributesImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall std::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *> >::~_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *> >(void)" (??1?$_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty@V?$allocator@PAVCXMLAttribute@@@std@@@std@@IAE@XZ) 
CXMLNodeImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) 
CXMLAttributesImpl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall std::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *> >::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *> >(class std::allocator<class CXMLAttribute *>)" (??0?$_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty@V?$allocator@PAVCXMLAttribute@@@std@@@std@@IAE@V?$allocator@PAVCXMLAttribute@@@1@@Z) 
CXMLNodeImpl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) 
xmll.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\obj\shared\xml\BuildLog.htm" 
Shared - XML - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s) 
------ Build started: Project: Server - Deathmatch, Configuration: Nightly Win32 ------ 
Compiling... 
CAccountManager.cpp 
.\logic\CAccountManager.cpp(266) : warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. 
        E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\stdio.h(237) : see declaration of 'fopen' 
.\logic\CAccountManager.cpp(342) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'std::list<_Ty>::_Iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CAccountData *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\obj\server\deathmatch\BuildLog.htm" 
Server - Deathmatch - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s) 
------ Build started: Project: Server - Core, Configuration: Beta Win32 ------ 
Linking... 
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'xml/lib/mxml.lib' 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\MTA10_Server\core\Beta\BuildLog.htm" 
Server - Core - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) 
------ Build started: Project: Client - GUI, Configuration: Nightly Win32 ------ 
Compiling... 
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release 
CGUIElement_Impl.cpp 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(430) : warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. 
        E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\string.h(74) : see declaration of 'strcpy' 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(431) : warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. 
        E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\string.h(74) : see declaration of 'strcpy' 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(464) : error C2664: 'std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>::_Const_iterator(const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        Reason: cannot convert from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous 
.\CGUIElement_Impl.cpp(480) : error C2664: 'std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>::_Const_iterator(const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation> &' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
        Reason: cannot convert from 'int' to 'const std::list<_Ty>::_Const_iterator<_Secure_validation>' 
        with 
        [ 
            _Ty=CGUIProperty *, 
            _Secure_validation=true 
        ] 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\obj\client\gui\BuildLog.htm" 
Client - GUI - 2 error(s), 3 warning(s) 
------ Build started: Project: Client - Deathmatch, Configuration: Nightly Win32 ------ 
Linking... 
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/LTCG' specification 
fatal error C1047: The object or library file '..\..\..\Shared\publicsdk\lib\lua5.1s.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries 
LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed 
Build log was saved at "file://j:\SVN\Multi Theft Auto [Google]\obj\client\deathmatch\BuildLog.htm" 
Client - Deathmatch - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s) 
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 5 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== 

And about the physics i would like to don't use bullet cuz newton is more good i guess

Now that this has gone public, so to speak, I feel emboldened to ask something I have been wondering for a while: how deeply rooted is the Lua implementation, and how difficult would it be to replace it with, say, Python or Ruby for game mode scripting?

Edit: or perhaps set up a dual implementation?

Now that this has gone public, so to speak, I feel emboldened to ask something I have been wondering for a while: how deeply rooted is the Lua implementation, and how difficult would it be to replace it with, say, Python or Ruby for game mode scripting?

Lua is not going to be replaced eh. If you want some other scripting language you can easily do a 3rd party module for that. Always could. I know at least two done, one works with AMX (PAWNO), second with PHP

Lua is not going to be replaced eh. If you want some other scripting language you can easily do a 3rd party module for that. Always could. I know at least two done, one works with AMX (PAWNO), second with PHP

AMX is the compiled form of Pawn, which may be written with Pawno, which is just an editor, (of many,) and not the name of the language. ;)