Multi Theft Auto now opened for business

darkdreamingdan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still got tons of 0.5 scm stuff laying about that you guys should include if you decide to open source that too.

Resynching all the client memory adresses should put the vc/gta3 fans back in business.

Could you send me that stuff, please? Just PM a link or something. Thanks. It'd likely be helpful to me since I've already got an SCM update going.

I know you've been active with scm updates and looks like did a good job.

However I can only send MTA material with the current teams approval, and they haven't decided to opensource 0.5.x yet.

Even then, it won't do anyone much good if the same bugs resurface. You'd still need to work with a c+ coder and update the client as well.

I know you've been active with scm updates and looks like did a good job.

However I can only send MTA material with the current teams approval, and they haven't decided to opensource 0.5.x yet.

Even then, it won't do anyone much good if the same bugs resurface. You'd still need to work with a c+ coder and update the client as well.

Alright. But thanks for including your work should the source be released. And yeah, I would need to update the client to get anywhere at all since a server browser would be the first priority.

I DON`T UNDESTAND!!!!! WHY I CAN ENTER IN ANY SERVER!!!! YOU CAN UPDATED AND REALASE ANY VERSION BUT IF NECESARY YOU STOP THE BETA PREVIEW!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!??! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::redhotevil::redhotevil::redhotevil:

No idea what you said about releases and preview, but you should probably read known issues at wiki or explain your problem and ask for help in help section

So any news or decisions on MTA 0.5 yet, or the future 0.6/Blue (I hope)?

Please guys, I'm begging you. Here I am at age 18, I only get enough time to game late at night and maybe once during the week during the day, and I'm still desperate for this. How sad is that? I started playing MTA when it was at 0.4...come on... :'(

I DON`T UNDESTAND!!!!! WHY I CAN ENTER IN ANY SERVER!!!! YOU CAN UPDATED AND REALASE ANY VERSION BUT IF NECESARY YOU STOP THE BETA PREVIEW!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!??! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::redhotevil::redhotevil::redhotevil:

lmao!

Anyways, I'm happy to see MTA gone open source. It makes me wanna take up coding again. I'm wondering though, if MTA 0.5 goes open source, does anyone here think that's enough to bring all the players back?

lmao!

Anyways, I'm happy to see MTA gone open source. It makes me wanna take up coding again. I'm wondering though, if MTA 0.5 goes open source, does anyone here think that's enough to bring all the players back?

Certainly not all the players. But with a new server browser and my scm improvements and some smallish client fixes I'm sure quite a number of people would at least try it, if for nothing more than nostalgia's sake. There's still a small group of active players on a couple servers last time I checked.

I doubt a whole community will come alive but it would be nice to see some old faces come back for a game or two. I think that it would become a “cult” release amongst some of us old folks, considering that the version was stable and word got around. It’s a shame the potential of VC on BLUE was never fulfilled.

There's still a huge chance it could become big again...come on guys! I've only advertised this on one site so far and already within the first day of it's creation there were over 100 signatures. People are still signing it, despite it not even being advertised! I say open source/update MTA 0.5 and let the old school MTA'ers have their fun!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mtab1u3/petition.html

There's still a huge chance it could become big again...come on guys! I've only advertised this on one site so far and already within the first day of it's creation there were over 100 signatures. People are still signing it, despite it not even being advertised! I say open source/update MTA 0.5 and let the old school MTA'ers have their fun!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mtab1u3/petition.html

dude the dev's have repeated the same thing so many times "well see how the open-source goes with sa THEN well see about 0.5"