Any hopes of release?

Misha

Alright, i'll make it clear I do not want to push you people, in any way, but i honestly have to ask this.

Is tehre any hope the version wil lget a release before year 2009? People have been waiting for months, we've all been to the beta's and been nice bug reporters. Last time there was a total of 3(?) bugs. From that point i thoguh it was near done, but is it? Is there a way to know when to expect it? Is there a way that you people wil lrelease it soon enough. RP scripts aer halting, waiting for the DP3,It's just so many features, and a good work, of course, but it has been already a very long time and people are getting tired of waiting, while playing on the DP2.3, which does not seem to attract people anymore, like it used to.

As i said, i am not pushing it, but could you at least tell a blurry area when we could expect DP3, and maybe even what are the main problems right now.

• MTA Team

This question has been asked already, so like you can see in that topic, there is indeed a chance for the release before the end of the year. We're doing our bests in order to do so.

As for bugs, it's not just as simple like those three bugs.. there are still some rather important and problematic bugs to fix in areas, which you weren't able to test or see (scripting, server, modules, editor) in pubtests. The progress IS being made towards them though.

• MTA Team

What was wrong with Christmas 2005 & 2007 ? In both cases, you've had a release of a totally NEW mod within a month (Race R1 and DM DP1, respectively), not to mention (semi-)public betas before these releases.

Rofl, between Christmas and 2009 are ... 7-8 days. And if its not in the very beginning of January, lol! Then make PED scripts for later use. This wastes time and you forget your anger about all non-working scripts because you cant test PED functions atm :P . I did for CS, following Peds xD

Btw, in the beta test were PEDs :) I saw the 5mb ped file, lol! Full of coordinates. Must be annoying to write that xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is there any estimated date, I'd like to start to script something up on MTA, but no to see this mod die a few months after, ya know?

Die? are you serious? With open-source its almost impossible to die, especially in a couple of months.

If you would like to make a script for 1.0 I'd suggest you to use the Nightly builds.

Yeah you right, I just downloaded the nightly builds, it's awesome, though I wonder why the function "getPlayerBonePosition" doesn't exist. Though there are the "getPedBonePosition". I need this function to attach an object to the player and at all, what's replacing "attachobjectToPlayerBone"?

Yeah you right, I just downloaded the nightly builds, it's awesome, though I wonder why the function "getPlayerBonePosition" doesn't exist. Though there are the "getPedBonePosition". I need this function to attach an object to the player and at all, what's replacing "attachobjectToPlayerBone"?

A player is a ped too, nearly all ped functions work on players, so does getPedBonePosition

A player is a ped too, nearly all ped functions work on players, so does getPedBonePosition

Ah, I see, is there an function that replaces "attachobjecttoplayer" yet? Otherwise I guess I'll have to make a timer or something to make the object follow the player's hand everytime.