Serverside Paintjobs DP3?

i know its not possible in DP2.*

But will ServerSide paintjobs be possible in DP3?

(such as elegy1.txd, elegy2.txd, elegy3.txd)

NOT THE NORMAL CARS TXD, I KNOW THAT IS REPLACEABLE. This is a PAINTJOB. So it can be Enabled / Disabled eaisially, and Purchaced at Trans Fender!

As i would love to be able to import these for everyone to see:

(instead of just myself)

3tn.jpg

2tn.jpg

1tn.jpg

rotatorsig.php

The Most Accurate Real Car Names List & Mod Ever. No Bullcrap. <-- Updated 20-January-2008!

The Most Awesome MTA Clan and Servers Ever! No Bullcrap! <-- We Are Recruting New Members!

[PS] Clan signups are open to the public! Click Here to join!

nah, ive checked the Wiki, and asked somthing similar before, and the reason why you cant just change the Paintjob, is because it dosent have a Model ID.

ok, look:

Sultan is made up of this:

Sultan.DFF

Sultan.txd

and then its 3 extra paintjobs.

sultan1.txd

sultan2.txd

sultan3.txd

and i have asked how to replace one of those 3 "Paintjobs" before and was told that its not possible in DP2.

So, is it possible in DP3?

ok.. here we go

txd = engineLoadTXD ( "data/sultan1.txd" ) 
engineImportTXD ( txd, 560 ) 

Code from the wiki, its trying to replace the Texture for the model 560 (Sultan) but cos its trying to do it by Model Number, its trying to replace the PRIMARY texture, and NOT the TransFender Paintjob.

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT.

Ok, ok, ok, i remember this same crap from when i was asking about this working in DP2 a Long time ago, it took MANY posts for people to understand just what i ment by PAINTJOB.

So, i will explain it so ANYONE can understand.

Now, With the Elegy.

MOST cars are made up of only 2 files, a .DFF file, and a .TXD file. But The elegy is made up of 5 Files.

here is the list of files, and explanations of what they do.

Elegy.DFF - This is the cars Model.

Elegy.txd - This is the cars Primary Texture, it does everything from Wheels, to Mirrors, to Interioer. ALL of the car.

Elegy1.TXD - Defaultly, this is a Blue Paintjob with Black Flames, Purchaceable at TransFender. When this is on the car, the car is Reading from 2 Different Texture Files. This one, and elegy.txd. elegy.txd is still texturing the Wheels, seats, mirrors. where as elegy1.txd is ONLY REPLACING THE PAINTJOB.

Elegy2.txd - Defaultly, this is a Yellow "Access" Paintjob, Purchaceable at TransFender. When this is on the car, the car is Reading from 2 Different Texture Files. This one, and elegy.txd. elegy.txd is still texturing the Wheels, seats, mirrors. where as elegy2.txd is ONLY REPLACING THE PAINTJOB.

Elegy3.txd - Defaultly, this is a Purple "Rockstar" Paintjob, Purchaceable at TransFender. When this is on the car, the car is Reading from 2 Different Texture Files. This one, and elegy.txd. elegy.txd is still texturing the Wheels, seats, mirrors. where as elegy3.txd is ONLY REPLACING THE PAINTJOB.

pj1tn.jpg

pj2tn.jpg

Now, what i want to make Serverside is a CUSTOM paintjob Texture, Elegy2.TXD (Shown in the Above images, alongside the Other elegy paintjobs)

it CANNOT Replace the elegy.txd, as the elegy.txd is needed for the Seats, Mirros, wheels, and all that. as all ELEGY2.TXD has in it is a SINGLE TEXTURE, of NOTHING BUT THE BODYWORK. No seats, No Wheels, No Nothing. Just the Paintjob.

i KNOW this is NOT possible with DP2, because one of the BETA TEAM said that in an OLD THREAD. what i want to know is IF ITS POSSIBLE to add this SERVER SIDE in DP3. as it is NOT POSSIBLE in DP2.

And, to Quote Toady from an OLD thread:

Weapons are not supported yet, only vehicles and objects. Their loading does not have to do anything with the gta3.img file

Now, taking that into concideration, a "Paintjob" isnt a Vehicle, or a Vehicles Primary Texture. Hence why its NOT POSSIBLE to change it Serverside in DP2.

WILL IT BE POSSIBLE IN DP3? Thats ALL I WANT TO KNOW! it shouldnt take all this Explanation to ask that question.

rotatorsig.php

The Most Accurate Real Car Names List & Mod Ever. No Bullcrap. <-- Updated 20-January-2008!

The Most Awesome MTA Clan and Servers Ever! No Bullcrap! <-- We Are Recruting New Members!

So what you're asking is, are generic textures from the .img replacable in DP3 - and the answer is no. Not now, it could happen in future. What you could try is setting the paintjob then replacing the model's TXD, that might work already. The current model functions arent conventional replacement functions, and replace via memory.

This means, if i've guessed right, they should be able to replace the currently loaded texture.

Ugh.

How annoying.

The Best thing about MTA (Custom Objects, cars, textures) is all so limited, and so buggy. and, from what your saying, hasnt improved one bit in DP3.

Cars dont have seating or Light positions right, Custom cars show up white, and often need a command in the script entered multiple times to replace over and over and over till the texture alone works, or just crash's your game. i figured it would have improved. :-(

rotatorsig.php

Edited by Guest

Its really easy to think how easy adding such features are when there are other priorities. If you can find me any other modification, program, plugin that is able to replace models through memory - that is, without modifying any of GTA's files, and more importantly, without having to restart the game at any point, then be my guest.

Right now the modelling support is much more of a "proof of concept". I'll admit its crude, but its buggy due to the nature it interfaces with the game unlike any other modding engine. You aren't simply modifying GTA's game files here so that GTA does the hard work of loading your textures for you. You're having to modify GTA's memory, and MTA has to load the textures through memory - and after all this it must be able to unload them for when the resource is unloaded. Normally GTA just loads such models and textures once, and doesnt have to worry about unloading them.

Frankly i think its shortsighted to say this is the best thing about the mod, and its certainly one of the reasons why its not being improved significantly in DP3. As has been stated before, it can be improved in future but now's not the time. Its more a matter of discovering the posibilities than adding support for them.

And actually, i just looked back at my first post.

This doesnt really make sense. You're still having to mod the .txd all the same. Paintjobs arent any different to replacing any other texture in the game - its like asking if DP3 will allow you to change the colour of CJ's skin.

It still stands. You arent replacing .txd files here, this is completely different. All MTA does is provide support for a .txd frontend.

I know a guy that used to be part of the Beta Team, all the way back in the Alphas of MTA, and he told me a while back that the Alphas were far more stable than DP1, or DP2, not only that, there was AI Planes, that could seek out their own targets, and drop bombs, and the Importing of Objects didnt stuff up all the time.

Then he went on to complain about how all the MTA Team ever did in testing was Play Hay.

---------

also, somone told me that Cleo replaces thru memory, but i never really looked into it.

http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/

rotatorsig.php

Edited by Guest
I know a guy that used to be part of the Beta Team, all the way back in the Alphas of MTA, and he told me a while back that the Alphas were far more stable than DP1, or DP2, not only that, there was AI Planes, that could seek out their own targets, and drop bombs, and the Importing of Objects didnt stuff up all the time.

Then he went on to complain about how all the MTA Team ever did in testing was Play Hay.

---------

also, somone told me that Cleo replaces thru memory, but i never really looked into it.

http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/

Cleo simply calls opcodes from GTA - they appear to be SCM opcodes which is how SA-MP interfaces with the game - its just like how MTA spawns a player from script without touching the main.scm. That's nothing new.

As for your "inside source", he's lying. Do you honestly think we'd opt to release a less stable version of MTA, just for fun? And what the hell does playing hay have to do with fuck all?

The AI Planes? Those are a script written by Aeron (yes, the creator Hay, on that note) and they still exist. Go script them if you want, that was done using a serverside script, so its become redundant. A much more powerful one could easily be created.

Anyway, im going to bed as you're clearly drifting off topic

Do you honestly think we'd opt to release a less stable version of MTA, just for fun? And what the hell does playing hay have to do with :o all?

Microsoft Did, with Vista.

Beta 1 was Stable. beta 2 was Terrible, Beta 3 was the worst of the lot, and the Final release of vista was...... Beta 3.

as for Playing hay all the time. it has a lot to do with a lot. if you think about it. Playing hay all the time, means only hay ever got tested. nothing else, and not under much load. (We are still fixing bugs in race for our server, 90% of which almost look to have been written ON PURPOSE)

Things like, in Race 0.8.0 NOS worked just like Classic race, then 0.8.1 came out, and it had a new bug, NOS could be picked up, ONCE, then not picked up again, not even if you switched car. this was all due to one line which was easy to remove which wasn't there in the previous version.

Or what about when going from a plane like the Skimmer, into a car, say the BF Injection, and having it act like no wheels were on it.

and i quote that bug because the Default MTA DM package came with Race, and the map "Funny Changes" which had that bug. which was easy to fix.

as simple as, when vehicle change occurs, get vehicle health, Fix vehicle (which would fix the wheel issue) then set health to what it was before.

This bug was not to far into the map, Quite obviously never tested, because 3 versions of Race for DM have been released, all have the same bug. and it was easy to fix, even for me with pretty much No knowledge of LUA.

Here is our List, of things we have fixed in Race game mode, and Votemanager, and other scripts running on our DM Race Server.

You will probably be surprised at the number of bugs that we have fixed.

http://www.potholestudios.com/ForumsPro ... art=0.html

Here is just some of them:

(all of which are bugs that were in the release, some of which are still not fixed in V 0.8.1)

Massive Lag Randomly. **FIXED**

Vehicle Has No Doors / other panels after some Vehicle Change Points **FIXED**

Car has No wheels after Changing from a Plane To a car. **FIXED**

Black Car with no Engine sound after Respawn after Explosion. **FIXED**

Massive Lag on Player Finish of race **FIXED**

Times Up happening Randomly throughout races. **FIXED**

Finish times on left getting stuck when The Winner (1st Place) Quits the server. **FIXED**

Pickup Visual Sise (NOS, Repair, Car Change) have had their Visual sise Increased to that of MTA Race Classic (1.1.1)

Spawning at Previous Maps Spawnpoints **FIXED**

Things like this make me think, are the creators of these modes even testing them before they are released? because if someone with virtually no LUA knowledge can fix a lot of these dumb issues.....

rotatorsig.php

I'm not arguing with someone who pretends to know more than they do. I've tried being open to you and tell you what's in DP3, but since that involved telling you what you didnt want to hear, you decided to turn this into a bullshit post about your "higher knowledge" - which lets you pretend to know more about the mod than someone who's been involved in the development for years, and at this point knows it inside out. Stop being an idiot and go write your own modding system.