Effective developing?

Guest Xeon06

Hey all,

As you all know, MTA:DM prevents alt-tabbing in order to stop players from pausing. I fully understand that. However, that also reduces the developer's ability to code and debug. I make small changes to my script, I have to reset the server, relaunch the script, reopen MTA (which takes forever because of the intro scenes and stuff), connect to my server and debug from there. It would be 10 times faster if we could stay in the game and still be able to change windows. So why is the alt-tabbing not restricted to the menu? Is there something I am missing here that would help me develop faster?

Thanks.

before you connect to a server (when you are on the main menu screen) press f8 (to open the console) and type "window" (without the quotes) this then allows you to connect to a server with your game windowed and you can successfully minimise your game.

If I remember rightly, it worked in the closed beta

Closed beta? Only trusted and selected people can be beta testers. No it was not enabled. You are not able to Alt+Tab game now and you will not be to do so in the future. As I said, it causes desych which is also a reason why not many people play MTA.

Alt+Tab was never enabled not even when you weren't connected. The only thing that allowed you to minimize the game was window mode which is different from Alt+Tab, these are 2 different ways of minimizing.

It was a semi-public test and alt+tab was disabled during these tests, for error reporting etc

AFAIR, lil_Toady said it will stay like that because people use window mode even if the aren't scripters, minimize it and cause desych.