ChatBox wiki

ASiT

I found this code on the development wiki when looking for a way to disable the chatbox ...this should do it ...but when i started it it said there was an error at line 11...btw i was making it into a script if that helps...

local isChatVisible = true         -- let's assume the chat is visible 
function chat ( key, keyState ) 
        if ( isChatVisible ) then    -- if it's on 
                showChat (false)     -- turn it off 
                isChatVisible = false 
        else 
                showChat = (true)      -- if it's off 
                isChatVisible = true   -- turn it on 
        end 
end 
bindKey ( "i", "down","toggle chat", chat ) -- the player's "i" key will toggle the chat 

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin", getRootElement(), chat) 

Lol, looks kind of weird... >.<

Anyway, it looks like client-side and server-side mixed anyway...

I mean: showChat and the build of the bindKey look client-side, while it has a server-side event handler... Try instead of:

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin", getRootElement(), chat) 

This...

addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), chat) --Makes sure it only triggers at the start of only this resource 

And ofcourse the thing Simbad said, I don't understand what the "toggle chat" is doing there anyway... >.<

This is I think the simplest way to show/hide chat with "i" key, here:

local isChatVisible = true 
bindKey( "i", "down", 
    function( ) 
        isChatVisible = not isChatVisible; 
        showChat( isChatVisible ); 
    end 
) 

do you guys know how to turn off like when i see another player i see their name and health above their head .... do you know how to turn that off as well when i push "i" or is it not possible to turn it off...?

For as far as I know you can't disable other player's healthbars. You can do it with Nametags! (that's a hint, look for it in the pages Robhol gave :P)

do you guys know how to turn off like when i see another player i see their name and health above their head .... do you know how to turn that off as well when i push "i" or is it not possible to turn it off...?

For as far as I know you can't disable other player's healthbars. You can do it with Nametags! (that's a hint, look for it in the pages Robhol gave :P)

Of course it is, if we are talking about the bar which is going through the body of the players... In the ChatBox its the command /shownametags. Then all is disabled, i actually dont know the function inside the wiki...

But interesting point: Is there a possibility of Executing a Command? (No, i do not mean executeCommandHandler).

Would be nice like executeCommand("shownametags",source).

This would save veeeery much work, and make the using of TriggerServer/CientEvent unnecessary in many cases. Tell me if this is bullshit xD

Of course it is, if we are talking about the bar which is going through the body of the players... In the ChatBox its the command /shownametags. Then all is disabled, i actually dont know the function inside the wiki...

But interesting point: Is there a possibility of Executing a Command? (No, i do not mean executeCommandHandler).

Would be nice like executeCommand("shownametags",source).

This would save veeeery much work, and make the using of TriggerServer/CientEvent unnecessary in many cases. Tell me if this is :~ xD

There is no other function to execute command.