Server started, what now?

Guest q23p

Hi all, i just started the server, added me to that ACL as ADMIN, changed some serverconfigs.

Now i join the server, AND SEE NOTHING.

I think that is because i havent " loaded " anything.

But it would be good if i knew HOW TO load stuff, change map etc.

I was reading the faqs but what they write in there is like chinese for me.

Can anyone tell me how to set gamemode/map on a brand new server?

Best wishes, Alex.

Some basic commands:

help - Shows a list with quite a few functions.

start [resource] - Starts a resource. Usually used for optional resources.

gamemode [gamemode] [map] - Starts a gamemode with the assigned map.

stop [resource] - Used to stop resources. Used for all resources that need to be stopped.

refresh - If you've changed something in your resources folder, use this to load the changes.

restart [resource] - Restarts a resource. (applies changes made in the resource in the resources folder too, like refresh)

I don't know if you read it, but some more info is here:

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ver_Manual

Good luck with your server. ;)

Some basic commands:

help - Shows a list with quite a few functions.

start [resource] - Starts a resource. Usually used for optional resources.

gamemode [gamemode] [map] - Starts a gamemode with the assigned map.

stop [resource] - Used to stop resources. Used for all resources that need to be stopped.

refresh - If you've changed something in your resources folder, use this to load the changes.

restart [resource] - Restarts a resource. (applies changes made in the resource in the resources folder too, like refresh)

I don't know if you read it, but some more info is here:

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ver_Manual

Good luck with your server. ;)

I might add, refresh is only needed when you add/remove resources, not when you modify existing ones.

login as an admin (if you don't know how to do it read this: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... nistrators)

press f8 and use the following commands:

Commands

• changemap newmap [newgamemode] (changes the gamemode map to a new one, optionally changing the gamemode as well)
  • changemode newgamemode [newmap] (changes to a new gamemode, optionally starting a map with it)
  • gamemode newgamemode [newmap] (same as previous one)
  • stopmode (stops the current mode and mode map)
  • stopmap (stops the current mode map)
  • maps [gamemode] (lists all maps in the server, optionally all maps compatible with a gamemode)
  • gamemodes (lists all gamemodes

• 1 month later...
Once you have logged in I would assume that you could use the GUI from the P button to start the resources and map also. Though I have tried both. The server states that they are started but I am still not getting another but a black screen with the console.

Don't make it so hard, just do gamemode [gamemode] ([map]) :P

For instance:

gamemode race race-channel

If you do this, race will be notified that a map for race has been started through mapmanager resource. Making race capable of reading the map and starting the gamemode. Get it? ;) Because that's how most of the map-based gamemodes in MTA work.