Increase the number of dynamic player

Gobe

Hey,

I wanted to ask if go over 500 dynamic players (for example) on one server would be possible in a next MTA version, at all if this isn't possible cause of the SA Limits, I know tool that allows them to repush them (SA Limits Ajuster). I'm asking because playing over 1000 people on a server would be an awesome experience for roleplays etc anyway if it cause problems at all, then there'd be moderns MMORPG and that's the dream of alot of Role-Players..

Thanks.

Hey,

I wanted to ask if go over 500 dynamic players (for example) on one server would be possible in a next MTA version, at all if this isn't possible cause of the SA Limits, I know tool that allows them to repush them (SA Limits Ajuster). I'm asking because playing over 1000 people on a server would be an awesome experience for roleplays etc anyway if it cause problems at all, then there'd be moderns MMORPG and that's the dream of alot of Role-Players..

Thanks.

How can this be limited by GTA SA? Is there an limit like "players numer" in GTA SA? No. Maximum number of actors? Streaming is your friend.

Hey,

I'm asking because playing over 1000 people on a server would be an awesome experience for roleplays etc anyway if it cause problems at all, then there'd be moderns MMORPG and that's the dream of alot of Role-Players..

I personally think it's a terrible idea. Apart from the fact that I truly start to hate RPG due to the overkill of role crap modes, the current user base isn't even near big enough to make fully use of such an huge amount of slots. It would be a waste of effort since the most players I've seen in a server so far was like 28.

Hey,

Thanks.

How can this be limited by GTA SA? Is there an limit like "players numer" in GTA SA? No. Maximum number of actors? Streaming is your friend.

Yeah they are a limit of actor/ped at the screen, I know about streaming, but I mean if like 500 people go at the same place, there'd have problems, I think.

I personally think it's a terrible idea. Apart from the fact that I truly start to hate RPG due to the overkill of role crap modes, the current user base isn't even near big enough to make fully use of such an huge amount of slots. It would be a waste of effort since the most players I've seen in a server so far was like 28.

Well, this is your opinion. I know though that the maximum amount of player will make some people join, cause more they are people on, more this is interesting for role-playing, ain't it? About the user base, I don't really get it but you said the "current" database so maybe it's gonna change.

Well, this is your opinion. I know though that the maximum amount of player will make some people join, cause more they are people on, more this is interesting for role-playing, ain't it? About the user base, I don't really get it but you said the "current" database so maybe it's gonna change.

By user base I mean the amount of active players. And making the limit go up doesn't make more people join the game. It's not like there are queues of people waiting to join. Servers are not getting filled up as it is right now. What makes you think they will when the amount of slots goes up by that excessive amount. It's not just a matter of expanding. It just doesn't work like that.

It would be a waste of effort since the most players I've seen in a server so far was like 28.

Then you should watch game-monitor more often.

Maybe. But that still doesn't make for a good reason to make the limit go up to 1000 slots. That's ridiculous. I highly doubt the current synchronization can cope with such an high density of players in a server.

I think you are wrong, I mean, for a very good role-playing server, the ability of a it to have lots of people will make people join more & more. Anyway if for now, MTA isn't really played, I'm pretty sure this is gonna change. All I'm asking is what is gonna be the limit at all.

Yeah they are a limit of actor/ped at the screen, I know about streaming, but I mean if like 500 people go at the same place, there'd have problems, I think.

Maybe there would be some problems, but not big. Only furthest players would be streamed out to decrease number of peds to GTA SA limit.

20/1000 > 20/128? I don't think so.

It would be a waste of effort since the most players I've seen in a server so far was like 28.

Then you should watch game-monitor more often.

Heheh, poor you, Simbad, did Ace hurt your feelings? :twisted:

Anyways, servers are NEVER full (as in 128 players) and thus there is no reason to change it. Just wasted time. IF more players come over to the light side from Sa-MP though, it might be another matter... but people are stubborn. :P

There are system resources both server and client side to take into consideration also... Syncing 128 players would be a bitch, let alone even more of them.

Unlike SA-MP, MTA requires internet connection... And too many players is too many bandwidth wasted...

Besides, RPing with more than 1000 players? Heh, more like deathmatching! =/

Short:

1. It'd be a waste of time, how full are servers supposed to get? They won't get full anyway I think... =/

2. Needs too much specs to run flawlessly. (or well, with less flaws) Unlike SA-MP.

3. RPing with 1000 players is hardly RPing... If global chat would be enabled, even with a filter only allowing someone to say something every 1 minute, you'll get 1000 messages per minute... -.- People just DM, and no admin can control the mess. Not even with an über admin-panel.

Not designed for that amount of players? Doesn't mean :~ to me... For a good scripted Role-Playing server this would be possible to keep it without any problems, anyway about the amount of players.

Well good luck then! Try it, and see all players leave or time out due to too much lag.

in future there may be the possibility to link multiple servers together using a scripting function to send the player. You could separate each island into its own server, for instance. Or like bigger RPGs have different servers for different languages.

Is that statement official? ( You know someone was gonna ask, :P )

in future there may be the possibility to link multiple servers together using a scripting function to send the player. You could separate each island into its own server, for instance. Or like bigger RPGs have different servers for different languages.

It sounds like it's too hard to make... But well, we'll see if it'll come.

It sounds like it's too hard to make... But well, we'll see if it'll come.

Shouldn't be hard at all, by now with our scripting you can already link all the data, chat, or whatever between servers, what we need to add is only a function that redirects one player to another server.