Looks like i was right ?

KillerDog

Question

I cant wait for the full MTA SA to come out with full gamepad support and online browser.But as i stated a very long time ago, by the time it comes out, GTA4 will be released. Sure people slag off SA-MP, and also MTA but its just a real shame that these 2 hroups couldnt get together and make a great mod.Instead of comparing who was the best mod, just get together and we would of all benefitted.I will be buying GTA 4 for the pc in 4 weeks time, then as far as im concerned SA is history.

20 answers to this question

Yeah, I play all of them still. Even GTA2, and I'll still play it when GTA4 comes out (and buy it). About the dev teams though, there are advantages and disadvantages to having two multiplayer mods to choose from. Some advantages are variety and competition. The disadvantages are that since the teams are separate, they cannot easily share engine-related ideas/development (due to possible incompatibilities). Also remember that more people doesn't always mean faster work. The more heads you put together, the greater chances that disagreements will occur, which would actually hinder the development process.

P.S. : BrophY is a nub.

To Paul: STFU BEFORE YOU GET BANT PAL

.. I'll still be playing MTA, the way I see it, GTAIV with its own multiplayer without scripting support = 5 million 13yo noobs, with there misorganised 'clans' ruining gameplay, lets face it, the mp modes with GTAIV arent that great

You know something BrophY , that was my opinion. And all you could do with your mild un-educated mind was tell me to STFU, you ignorant little piss of monkeyjuice. Ban me, i dont care, people like me keep your worthless forum alive. Basically im saying that when GTA4 will be played alot more than MTA SA, due to the multiplay offerings. I wont be comming back online anywayz, GTA4 is out in 4 weeksw, this forum will die pretty qik then. Cya........ :lol:

You know something BrophY , that was my opinion. And all you could do with your mild un-educated mind was tell me to STFU, you ignorant little piss of monkeyjuice. Ban me, i dont care, people like me keep your worthless forum alive. Basically im saying that when GTA4 will be played alot more than MTA SA, due to the multiplay offerings. I wont be comming back online anywayz, GTA4 is out in 4 weeksw, this forum will die pretty qik then. Cya........ :lol:

yeah you're probably right, you rock and we are all retards... it's no secret gta iv will be played much more than mta IT'S A NEW GAME BUDDY, not a modification. flash cartoons are also less viewed than the simpsons, you can't compare that.

To Paul: STFU BEFORE YOU GET BANT PAL

?

You know something BrophY , that was my opinion. And all you could do with your mild un-educated mind was tell me to STFU, you ignorant little piss of monkeyjuice.

Obviously his superior mind was so great, he didnt see the 'To Paul' bit

I cant wait for the full MTA SA to come out with full gamepad support and online browser.But as i stated a very long time ago, by the time it comes out, GTA4 will be released. Sure people slag off SA-MP, and also MTA but its just a real shame that these 2 hroups couldnt get together and make a great mod.Instead of comparing who was the best mod, just get together and we would of all benefitted.I will be buying GTA 4 for the pc in 4 weeks time, then as far as im concerned SA is history.

KYE which is the founder of sa-mp once was part ot the MTA team and was also the leader for a while, but i guess things didnt go so well =/ anyway you have a point there, i used to think that way also, until i found out the truth

KYE which is the founder of sa-mp once was part ot the MTA team and was also the leader for a while, but i guess things didnt go so well =/ anyway you have a point there, i used to think that way also, until i found out the truth

Maybe his god-like mood swings annoyed the sh1t out of the others? Just a thought. ;)

There is no official "Leader" of the MTA Team and afaik there never was one.

then i guess your calling KYE a lier =/

Boo hoo. One could call him a lot of things that are even less flattering, so... :P

Our development team never appointed a project leader since 2003, when it merged with the original YaMM developers. Due to mutual respect of developers (except for this particular person) and constraints of the project our team has always pursued decisions that were democratic (e.g. where everyone agreed).

This was no exception when Kye joined our team, and subsequentially left, and joined again, and left again and joined again and left again and joined again and ultimately left to work on his own spinoff (with the supposed reason of wanting to create a more "RPG"-oriented mod) where he could finally achieve his goals of becoming a project leader, at the cost of other developers that have now left his project to become part of our team.

Our development team never appointed a project leader since 2003, when it merged with the original YaMM developers. Due to mutual respect of developers (except for this particular person) and constraints of the project our team has always pursued decisions that were democratic (e.g. where everyone agreed).

This was no exception when Kye joined our team, and subsequentially left, and joined again, and left again and joined again and left again and joined again and ultimately left to work on his own spinoff (with the supposed reason of wanting to create a more "RPG"-oriented mod) where he could finally achieve his goals of becoming a project leader, at the cost of other developers that have now left his project to become part of our team.

"and subsequentially left, and joined again, and left again and joined again and left again and joined again and ultimately left to work on his own spinoff" lol anyways he mentioned he was the leader in an interview, im not inventing this

You know something BrophY , that was my opinion. And all you could do with your mild un-educated mind was tell me to STFU, you ignorant little piss of monkeyjuice. Ban me, i dont care, people like me keep your worthless forum alive. Basically im saying that when GTA4 will be played alot more than MTA SA, due to the multiplay offerings. I wont be comming back online anywayz, GTA4 is out in 4 weeksw, this forum will die pretty qik then. Cya........ :tard:

Hahahaha what a noob.

Hey KillerDog, the (now previously) unwritten rule of any written argument is that: When you start insulting someone's intelligence, always make sure you don't look like a COMPLETE ASS by not minding your own grammar. Since you are so educated (obviously), I suppose you already knew that.

P.S. to KillerDawg: lol b&

then i guess your calling KYE a lier =/

Liar and a traitor I guess... :P

guys its not nice everyone has their problems =/

True, while simultaneously it's not our responsibility to deal with them. This is the Internet. If you got problems, keep them off the Internet, unless you're going to an online support group. In such a case it would prove somewhat beneficial, but in the case of managing a dev team, not so beneficial. See what I'm trying to say?

This, I'm sure, is beating the dead horse by now, but come on dude. Now that it's all over, could you guys just admit that a huge lack of progress existed because in one form or another, there was some severe people problems going on, and because they didn't get solved the right way, this all fell to pieces?

I mean, I guess even when it's over you can stay in denial, but it's common knowledge to anyone who's been around to see it all happen. I just hoped (and have hoped for past years) that you guys could bridge the gap between such trivial things, and focus your efforts as a REALLY united group.

@KillerDog

To Paul: (Interesting Stuff Here)
You know something BrophY , that was my opinion. And all you could do with your mild un-educated mind was tell me to STFU

Crawl in a hole.

Die.

Do not come out.

Ever.

[/tags]

... Still got it. 8)