Notepad++ API file for MTASA

DracoBlue

Hey scripters and notepad++ users,

just copy and paste http://dracoblue.pastebin.com/f273b14d8 to a file called lua.api (for 4.9) or viewtopic.php?f=91&t=23647&p=285813#p284758 to a file called lua.xml for 5.0 (thx to spz) and put this file into

c:\program files\notepad++\plugins\apis

after you did that, you'll have auto-complete (ctrl+space) for all mta functions.

Hope it's useful for someone else, too.

- Draco

Edited by Guest
Hmm, I have it as .api file and it works like a charm. Maybe it's because I just updated notepad++ over the years and never reinstalled it?

- Draco

SpZ's version works fine. And I don't exactly know why it does work for you and not for me (and maybe others). =/

EDIT: Yes most have 5.0 now. :P

We had a topic like this and I used my .api for quiet long. After an update from 4.x to 5.0 it stopped working. I've checked the settings and it seems to be fine (Auto-completion is enabled). So not everyone can use it because Notepad++ is bugged.

We had a topic like this and I used my .api for quiet long. After an update from 4.x to 5.0 it stopped working. I've checked the settings and it seems to be fine (Auto-completion is enabled). So not everyone can use it because Notepad++ is bugged.

no. With 5.0 they introduced .xml api files.

- Draco

Right... I'm going to add parameters to each function in that xml file. So far, 150 functions have parameters, only ~560 remaining! If somebody wants to speed it up, PM me and we'll divide the functions so we won't have the same function twice.

• 1 month later...
Sorry :roll:

Anyway, 41 functions left.. watch this post.

[Edit]

Enclosed the lua.xml API file.

Notepad++ will AutoComplete your MTA functions if necessary and will show parameter/return value hints!

Nice work, but.. how do I get the prototypes (retval and args) to appear?

Edit: never mind, worked it out. For those who actually don't know:

* Settings > Preferences > Backup / Auto-completion (what perfect logic!)

* Check both boxes.

* Close.

Oh my god i nearly slit my wrists after only just discovering this (all that wiki checking *shudder*).

I dont suppose you could start work on a DP3 version now? Maybe have one for release that is included with the installer.

Also i dont support anyone knows how to switch between Client and Server parameters using the keyboard? I can click the arrows but it ruins the flow of scripting somewhat. I tried obvious ctrl+up/down, alt+up/down etc. If not i'll request it on their forums.

Oh my god i nearly slit my wrists after only just discovering this (all that wiki checking *shudder*).

I dont suppose you could start work on a DP3 version now? Maybe have one for release that is included with the installer.

Also i dont support anyone knows how to switch between Client and Server parameters using the keyboard? I can click the arrows but it ruins the flow of scripting somewhat. I tried obvious ctrl+up/down, alt+up/down etc. If not i'll request it on their forums.

I tried that too but it doesn't seem to be like in VS. It's a good feature so if you've registered there (I couldn't be bothered to do it myself :P) post a request.

Yeah, I couldn't come up with a better way to show the difference between client and server functions.

Somewhat annoying to click the arrows, I don't know about hotkeys for that either.