Linux Servers updated to be on the server list?

OffRoader23

OK so here goes my story about my Linux server.

I had been hosting a server for a while now but dropped out of the MTA scene. Coming back, my server had a lot of problems with download errors. After working hard and not really finding what the problem was, I fixed it by playing around with the HTTP downloader and different ports. Once I got everything fixed there, everyone could then join fine and have no problems. Then I was on the server with all the regulars but there was never anyone new joining the game. This was weird because there was always at least a few random joins here and there. It turns out the server was not on the list. No one could see it. I messed around again with server settings, ports, ASE settings, and everything I could, but the server would NOT show up on the list. Completely reset all settings, tried default everything, still nothing. I then took all the exact same configuration files and transferred them over to my Windows server, and ran the server. Sure enough within about 2 minutes of it being started, a person join. A minute later, another. Now, I do know that the client was updated and the server list was changed, the way it queried the list. Were the Linux server distros update to accommodate for this? It is looking like they weren't. I don't know if I am crazy or not, or there is just some secret port that has to be forwarded for the server list to be able to find my Linux server.

Has ANYONE else had this problem? Can anyone else show me their Linux servers on the list? I really need some help on this issue because my hosting is completely crap if the Linux server doesn't report to the MTA server list. :? Thanks in advanced.

It is registered on game-monitor.com, but looking at the server it fails on querying game-monitor.com. Is there a certain port that it connects to on game-monitor to get the info? or what...

All Seeing Eye port: 22127 (UDP)

Says so on serverwindow start. :P

And ASE was Game-Monitor, right?

It is registered on game-monitor.com, but looking at the server it fails on querying game-monitor.com. Is there a certain port that it connects to on game-monitor to get the info? or what...

Wrong, you're supposed to query the game port. I also remember having issues with GM, but it works now and it does update properly:

http://www.game-monitor.com/mta_GameSer ... S.com.html is how it's supposed to look.

No.

Wrong, you're supposed to query the game port. I also remember having issues with GM, but it works now and it does update properly:

http://www.game-monitor.com/mta_GameSer ... S.com.html is how it's supposed to look.

Hmmm... After taking another look at the config, it seems that the ASE port is just serverport+123.

No.

Thought so. =/