I need help...

Guest Kamato

All right,

my problem is next: I've downloaded the MTA Race client, and as I double click the icon in order to start the game, all I get is MTA logo "Stop playing with yourself" "Loading", then logo disappears, at that moment I hear windows mistake sound ( short bell ) and nothing happens. It won't launch my MTA Race.

I have Windows XP, original version of GTA: San Andreas, single player, Mta:DM works perfectly. I've been searching around on these forums,

I have already tried all possible solutions I found. I deleted the gta_sa.set file in GTA San Andreas User Files, I deleted Client.dll file, I replaced it.

After each thing i've tested I re-installed Mta:Race. And yet still I have that problem. It's slightly annoying though I'd like to use Map Editor but I can't

because of this thing. If you know the solution of this problem, please tell me. By the way my computer is powerful enough, my graphic card can hold

San Andreas and more, so I don't think there's problem in that.

Regards, Kamato

Q: San Andreas does not start after the MTA:SA splash screen ("stop playing with yourself") finishes loading.

A: Try holding down your control key as you start MTA. It should prompt you for where GTA is installed. Make sure you select the correct folder and see if that helps.

I've tried that. It didn't work, it was all the same. Splash screen and then it disappeared with windows ring bell in the background, nothing happened. Any other ideas? I'm really desperate about this, nothing worked so far...

• 4 weeks later...

If you still need help... I had the same problem.

If you have MTA SA DM installed you need to go into your GTA San Andreas directory and rename the folder named MTA to something like MTA_DM or MTA_backup or whatever, it must only be different from MTA.

Then reinstall MTA Race and it should work fine.

If you then want to play MTA SA DM again you must rename the MTA folder in your GTA SA directory to something like MTA_race and rename the MTA_DM or however you named it back to MTA.

So finally you have to swap these folders by changing from DM to Race or vice versa.

I hope I could help you. ;)