[Community Resource / Request] Phone Numbers!

XetaQuake

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems a little pointless to have a full browser inside MTA, but I guess being able to make web requests inside MTA would be useful.

Agreed, it does seem a little pointless. It would be handy in some cases, but for most cases you won't need it. And it also isn't essential for RP. However, it would be useful to make MTA a bit more capable with websites. (and requests as churchill calls it) The advantages are not really obvious right now, but adding even the tiniest of scripting commands would open a lot of opportunities.

Btw, I'm back as you can see and going to continue again. Only problem is that scarface is yet offline, and I can only test by calling myself... (which also is the reason I found those bugs I was talking about so late... xD)

I would be test with you, but my exam :| I have no time. :wink:

seems a little pointless to have a full browser inside MTA, but I guess being able to make web requests inside MTA would be useful.

I agree to, its unimportant - and possible it would go to vaporware.

But well - when someone have fun to do it, he should make it. But it is not sure it finds its place in the PDA, initially.

BTW: The Buttons from my second prototyp are only placeholder, copied from the original design. Some features there can be seeing on the buttons will probably never implemented - except someone does something, then its possible. Possible :wink:

hey, i can help, im a good scripter, and, i also would like to see this, as i run a RP Server, if ya need me, just PM me

GIo

SURE! Its a community resource, try to make what you want - possible you start managing the database stuff or so. Someone want help or have a idea what GioSerpo can do?

XetaQuake

Hmmm... Already done I think... And no sign of scarface... :?

Anyway, do we have any idea what we're going to make of the 6 buttons? Something like...

-News

-Phone

-SMS

-Weather, with churchills betterWeather

-Flight modus, so you can't accept calls..? xD

-A little game for on your phone. :D

Lol honestly don't know... Just something random typed in a topic I guess... xD

But we do need to think about it already. If it's done already and then we're still with those placeholders... xD

Yay "InternetExplorer" :D

wasnt someone working an a method to make a brwoser INSIDE tha game?

I remember it was Ace_Gambit..?

However, a real internetexplorer would make this thing awesome and attract many ppl.

LOL, are you crazy?! I am not going to make a browser implementation for MTA! I am working on a SMTP module to allow in-game e-mail services (which is about done by now). But I don't want to release it as it is part of a game-mode I'm working on.

I am looking at the possibilities of developing a module using Google API. This would allow people to request basic search results. But this is just a concept in my mind, nothing concrete atm.

-News

-Phone

-SMS

-Weather, with churchills betterWeather

-Flight modus, so you can't accept calls..? xD

-A little game for on your phone. :D

I would say:

1. Phone

_____(comment: basic Ideas on first place ;))

2. SMS

_____(comment: basic Ideas on first place ;))

3. News

_____(comment: Jap, i think we can already expect this feature - now someone is needed to script it - GioSerpo?!)

4. Weather, with churchills betterWeather

_____(comment: Yea a weather report - but with a option to deactivate it, because whats with the freeroam GUI when players change weather?)

_____(Or works this good with the Freeroam GUI?)

5. Flight modus, so you can't accept calls..? xD

_____(comment: That sounds nice, or better a blacklist to add numbers or so)

6. .:NEW:. A Button to show the Ingame help (F9) :wink:

_____(comment: I think thats a good button, and when admins have other Ideas, he can change this last button :) )

On weekend, after my exam, i beginn to make the buttons and implement the buttons in the GUI :)

XetaQuake

Edited by Guest

Ok guys! I guess it's finished. We'll finish up some beta testing and then I'll upload. This is a small prototype though, and might need some adjustment. I'll edit this post with the link as soon as it's uploaded. ;)

ok, will scarface or gamersnet PM me a MSN address? that way i can always know exactly where we are!

Gio

Where we are? @ home ofcourse... xD

But what do you mean?

your done, wow, i was gonna help, lol, i meant like the email address u use for MSN, thats y i said MSN Address, lol...

Well, I'm done with the calling engine. You can just dial, pickup, talk and hangup. The rest still has to be done... =/

And well, I'll send it.

EDIT: I'll make it work with some standard GUI support first. ^^

Gamesnert has betrayed the possibilities :D (just a joke :wink: )

Sounds nice, i hope i have a free minute today, so i can test it too :)

XetaQuake

Well, since you almost need to go apparently, I can give you the beta I used on scarface's server:

HERE (note, this isn't the final version. Only to show it off. ^^)

Gamesnert has betrayed the possibilities :D

man he does that all the time that......... im just kidding lol, once Gamesnert is into somethin theres no chance of getting in his way :wink:

Lol...

/me is joyriding

/me sees a granny crossing the street

/granny can't "get in his way"

/me hits granny

Just kidding lol.

Anyway, I have a tiny huge update. The first button on the PDA now shows a small dial window. (who want's to redesign it? =/) I think it needs to be thought through a bit smarter, because where are the hangup and pickup buttons? :P

But well, see it for yourself, right HERE.

And how about if you press "call", that all the buttons disappear and the new options for the calling appear? So normally you have call, SMS etc. If you press call, then you have something like "dial" and while calling "hangup" and/or "pickup" appear. Good idea huh? xD

(Sorry for new post, but the last post was yesterday, so peaple get informed with this new post)

I tested it now, its realy GREAT!(!!)

Makes fun to call myself! :D

Also its realy cool that you doesn´t see wich player have which nummer :)

I think its better when you change the text "You don´t have a Phone" in "You don´t have a Simcard" - Because you have the PDA already, but thats cool then so you can use the features of the PDA at beginning, but calling only works with a simcard! ;)

With the end of this week, i continue scripting too :wink:

XetaQuake

Makes fun to call myself! :D

Left that in for debug reasons and for when scarface isn't online... ^^

Also its realy cool that you doesn´t see wich player have which nummer :)

Was added in the latest version. Because it seemed so weird... ^^

I think its better when you change the text "You don´t have a Phone" in "You don´t have a Simcard" - Because you have the PDA already, but thats cool then so you can use the features of the PDA at beginning, but calling only works with a simcard! ;)

Hmmm... Well am already changing the engine alot, and I think that might be a good idea. (see below)

With the end of this week, i continue scripting too :wink:

Cool. In the meantime you can expect:

-SQL support. (exterminating the last few bugs :P)

-SMS. But SQL is needed for this to happen. And not sure if I release the SQLphone first. :P

-Something else... I guess I want it to be a secret or something, since I have no idea... xD

EDIT: SQL is done, removing some debug things and then I *might* upload it already. But it's very likely I'll atleast attempt SMS first.

This is what you need to display phone conversations.

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ateDisplay

creates a new panel for the duration of the phone call. Additionally:

* Conference calls - allow multiple players to be added to the phone call/text display.

* Additional idea - Anyone within range of a player typing in a phone conversation window, can "overhear" their side of the conversation, as it'll be output to the main chat window with "(speaking on phone) [message here]". good for RPing :)

This is what you need to display phone conversations.

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ateDisplay

creates a new panel for the duration of the phone call.

I'll see what I can make with it. ;)

Additionally:

(1)* Conference calls - allow multiple players to be added to the phone call/text display.

(2)* Additional idea - Anyone within range of a player typing in a phone conversation window, can "overhear" their side of the conversation, as it'll be output to the main chat window with "(speaking on phone) [message here]". good for RPing :)

(1) Good idea! But I'm not sure how to get this fit in... As you might have noticed, the current engine does it in the chatbox like this:

< You: BOO!

> Other: BOO!

So I'll need to do it in some other way... If you know how... TELL ME!!! xD

(2) You know, this is actually already implented for the biggest part. onPlayerChat isn't being cancelled, so you can still "hear" someone talking without being in the same conversation.

Still though, I was already looking how to improve it. I'll make a few options you can turn on/off to increase compatibility.

As was clearly visible, the call engine works. But, it's FAR from done! xD

PS: For the ones who haven't read it yet, SQL part is done and am now busy on these parts. I'll delay SMS a bit. :P

Well, I guess we chose for it on purpose. So I don't think it'll change. Also I like the current look! :D

And by the way, it's not going too well with the textdisplays... I'll keep on trying, but it's a bit more difficult then I thought... =/

Don't know myself without having a good look at the documentation etc and having a play with it. Will have to wait till I get home tonight before I can look at how to do it, but it must be possible.

the example looks straight forward enough:

myDisplay = textCreateDisplay () -- create a display 
textDisplayAddObserver ( myDisplay, myPlayer ) -- make it visible to a player 
myTextItem = textCreateTextItem ( "Hello world!", 0.5, 0.5 )  -- create text item for the display 
textDisplayAddText ( myDisplay, myTextItem) 

so for each person on the conference call you add them as an observer, and also allow anything they type into a texbox (a new box rather than the main chat window?), gets sent to the phone chat window (so all participants see it) and is echoed to the main chat window for those who are within a particular range of the player, so that they can overhear some part of the conversation?

It sounds simple enough to do...in practice maybe you'll come across some problems implementing it, but I can't tell while at work :(