[Community Resource / Request] Phone Numbers!

XetaQuake

Hey all :D

Today i played MTA and then i get a idea for a new resource: Phone Numbers!

I have presented it to me so: When you are registered, you get a Phone Number. And any peaple can contact you with this number. On dp3, it would be cool when the "phone animation" are activated during calling too - but thats can be made later.

Back to my idea: After you get a Number, you can use commands like /call [NUMBER], /hangup and some special thinks like /SMS [NUMBER] [MESSAGE].

Also a Inbox for the sms would be nice, and the best thing:

A COMPLETE GUI PHONE, to press the Number-buttons and so on - a little bit like the Phone on GTA IV

To save the SMS in the inbox and the Numbers, i think its the best to use SQL.

I know, its absolutly not easy, but it would be sooo cool.

Its possible that we all try it and help us in this thread, like a resource maked by the Community?

Or a good scripter that makes this alone?

I would just glad, when there would be a Phone Number Resource in the future.

Have a nice weekend,

XetaQuake

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all :D

Today i played MTA and then i get a idea for a new resource: Phone Numbers!

I have presented it to me so: When you are registered, you get a Phone Number. And any peaple can contact you with this number. On dp3, it would be cool when the "phone animation" are activated during calling too - but thats can be made later.

Back to my idea: After you get a Number, you can use commands like /call [NUMBER], /hangup and some special thinks like /SMS [NUMBER] [MESSAGE].

Also a Inbox for the sms would be nice, and the best thing:

A COMPLETE GUI PHONE, to press the Number-buttons and so on - a little bit like the Phone on GTA IV

To save the SMS in the inbox and the Numbers, i think its the best to use SQL.

I know, its absolutly not easy, but it would be sooo cool.

Its possible that we all try it and help us in this thread, like a resource maked by the Community?

Or a good scripter that makes this alone?

I would just glad, when there would be a Phone Number Resource in the future.

Hafe a nice weekend,

XetaQuake

This has been done in SAMP, except for GUI. In GUI, it would be AWESOME! The best advantage above SAMPs RP, MTA has so far. :P

And with basic knowledge, it should be really possible! But you would need to have SQL or MySQL for really good storage... And they don't seem to work for everyone... :(

Although XML also is possible now I think of it... getTok and table.concat might be helpful in both cases. ;)

SQL works good by me, we uses the Bank script by 50p - works fantastic. Only the "installation" is a little bit more then "copy in resource folder" (sometimes), but hey, i think thats not a reason why we should not use SQL.

The bigest problem is the storage, because of this, i don´t have starting this project at this time.

PS: Yea i know it from SAMP too :wink:

SQL works good by me, we uses the Bank script by 50p - works fantastic. Only the "installation" is a little bit more then "copy in resource folder" (sometimes), but hey, i think thats not a reason why we should not use SQL.

The bigest problem is the storage, because of this, i don´t have starting this project at this time.

PS: Yea i know it from SAMP too :wink:

Oh by the way, a suggestion! A simcard! :D

So you can buy a card for like $10, and call until you don't have any money left on the simcard. Then you'd have to buy a new card or upgrade your old one. This would benefit RP well! :D

Hey all.

Here a the first little piece of code : the ringtone

function ringtone() 
 setTimer( ringsound, 500, 15 ) 
end 

function ringsound() 
 playSoundFrontEnd ( getRootElement(), 4 ) 
end 

addCommandHandler ( "ring", ringtone ) 

It sounds realy nice, try it :D

(Edit: Its a little bit GTA IV style :) )

Here: http://www.plagiat.ch/wp-content/upload ... _braun.jpg :)

I like it, its not a real iphone but the buttons are cool :) And in the window there can be shows the clicked numbers - the Phone Number, and the SMS in a scrolling text.

scrolling text are working like this:

setTimer ( 
    function() 
          local x,y = guiGetPosition( scrollText, false ) 
          guiSetPosition( scrollText, x-3, y, false ) 
        end  
    end 
, 50, 600) 

:) What do you saying about the phone design? (the picture)

I like it, its not a real iphone but the buttons are cool :) And in the window there can be shows the clicked numbers - the Phone Number, and the SMS in a scrolling text.

setTimer ( 
    function() 
        end  
    end 
, 50, 600) 

More looks like a calculator... o.O

Anyway, I don't really see the point of your piece of code to be honest... =/

setTimer ( 
    function() 
        end  
    end 
, 50, 600) 

More looks like a calculator... o.O

Anyway, I don't really see the point of your piece of code to be honest... =/

I just posted the code, because i seeing the picture and was thinking "hm, and how a the space to display SMS?" ;) So i posted "by the way" the code to let text scrolling, do you understand? :)

I like the design, here a better version edited by me: phone.jpg

Hey all.

since the last two hours, i build the basic GUI! :D

You can download the current Phone Number Resource here (http://rapidshare.com/files/145083755/Phone.zip.html) - but, you know, its just a pre-pre-pre alpha, and just two Phone buttons works in this version.

Its just a prototyp, I need your opinion to this GUI Idea

:arrow:.:Write /call to display the Phone on the screen :)

:arrow:.:Press the button phone_c.png © on the Phone to fire a test ringtone (yes, with sound). :D

:arrow:.:Press the button phone_quit.png (square) on the Phone to hide it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

And here you can see the evidence:

phoneIngame.jpg

I go sleep now - see you tomorow :)

Is the real-time displayed?

What do you mean? ^^

EDIT: Lol push the button about 5 times rapidly, that sounds better! ^^

Yea, thats funny i know ^^ its just a placeholder (the ringtone) to show that the buttons launches functions :)

I think we need more scripters, for example the SQL or XML stuff (i prefer SQL, because you can edit it online and so on [or write sms online], or not? )

Is the real-time displayed?

What do you mean? ^^

EDIT: Lol push the button about 5 times rapidly, that sounds better! ^^

Yea, thats funny i know ^^ its just a placeholder (the ringtone) to show that the buttons launches functions :)

I think we need more scripters, for example the SQL or XML stuff (i prefer SQL, because you can edit it online and so on [or write sms online], or not? )

SQL would be good! I'd recommend SQL or MySQL and making a table for each player, where all of his phone numbers, SMS' etc are stored. :D

But well, I'll script if you need it.

I am not soooo good in LUA, i only have some basic skills :) Possible i don´t know how i need to use your SQL scripting stuff, but well, it would be nice when you start scripting - the best is when everyone does there part for this project :D

Possible 50p or so "join us/help us"? Because 50p have absolve it realy good in there bank script.

this is a great idea, something I wanted to do myself at some point, but with a couple of key differences. Instead of a "phone" look, how about one of those PDA type phones, like HTC make.

htctouchhf0.jpg

Some of those icons would be replaced, but I can imagine it having not just SMS/messaging, but also allow the server owner to add new content to the phone. e.g. say your server has a log of events that happened on the server, you could view it like "news" from the PDA. More space for reading messages would be another bonus, and viewing weather reports on there (which is why my BetterWeather system was designed with export functions so that I could do this one day), maybe a place to write notes and save them etc. The key thing would be that other resources that have info that can be displayed on the phone, could be done so by a calling the resource and passing it stuff to display.

So, imagine the above picture but with the following icons, News, Contacts, Messages, Weather, Notes, and any other icons could appear depending on what resources you set up that can send data to the PDA.

And the phone number would be kept secret. It's up to the person to give their contact details to another person.