[BETA 4] Bugs and discussion about this version

jhxp

• MTA Team

On today's test, I was plagued by massive fps lags - game slowing down to avg 6-7 fps, making it barely playable. I believe that these lags could be related with fmj dm gamemode or map, combined with a high number of people ingame.

This happened for me on the previous test too.

I've also seen effects of some desync issue (grenades appearing out of nowhere, being unable to damage people), haven't seen any people sliding though. Scoreboard was broken at most times too (didn't show all people on the server properly, or pings/scores).

I haven't experienced any crashes aside from the one when the test has ended and I was kicked out of the server, so there's some improvement here since the last test :P

I got a couple of times that my mta just frose for 30 seconds. I couldn't do anything and after that, I got a "connection problems" message. I also had a lot of lag.

The server went down twice. One time relatively long, the other time for only a few sec I guess. Could be the reason?

I got a couple of times that my mta just frose for 30 seconds. I couldn't do anything and after that, I got a "connection problems" message. I also had a lot of lag.

The server went down twice. One time relatively long, the other time for only a few sec I guess. Could be the reason?

No my mta just froze and I thought that I was going to crash or I was about to be disconnected. But after the "connection problems" message I could continue playing. I just got stuck for like 30 seconds.

The only difference i noted was.. MORE lag. As others have pointed out though, that might very well have been because of close to 40 players... also, FMJDM has LOTS of objects and vehicles placed all over...

If I can make a suggestion for a later test; you could make more servers with lower player limits. Like 15-25 players per server, and rather 2-3 servers? Shouldnt be too hard to manage if you ask around, I imagine some of the hosters will be only happy to help.

No my mta just froze and I thought that I was going to crash or I was about to be disconnected. But after the "connection problems" message I could continue playing. I just got stuck for like 30 seconds.

Maybe you pressed the screenshot button? That is the effect it often has.

Question: was the FPS limit ~25-30 yesterday @ last betatest?

Why would they do that?

The only difference i noted was.. MORE lag. As others have pointed out though, that might very well have been because of close to 40 players... also, FMJDM has LOTS of objects and vehicles placed all over...

If I can make a suggestion for a later test; you could make more servers with lower player limits. Like 15-25 players per server, and rather 2-3 servers? Shouldnt be too hard to manage if you ask around, I imagine some of the hosters will be only happy to help.

As i said on IRC it would be better to test with more players to maybe in the future fix this problem :wink:

i had a serial error on my computer.

i reinstalled 2.3, and then installed the dp 3, but i still got the same error....

so if there is already a solution to my problem, please post, if not, i hope it will get fixed soon.

But there wasnt an fps limiter while the test right? And i dont see the bright side of having one :|

I don't know exactly either what it's good for. But I think it might solve some lag, since you limit the amount of frames your videocard shows per second. Don't know for sure, just what I think!

And I don't think there was one in the beta, the FPS was different to almost everyone, and it reached about 60-80 or more here.

But well, the more commands the better anyway! :D

A fps limiter is really important because in mta people that are racing with about 60-80 fps are faster than people with slower machines that can barely reach 30 fps.

Btw: There was a console command "fpslimit" which accepted values from 25-100 so if the server doesnt force a limit you can always set a local one fo yourself ;)

A fps limiter is really important because in mta people that are racing with about 60-80 fps are faster than people with slower machines that can barely reach 30 fps.

Btw: There was a console command "fpslimit" which accepted values from 25-100 so if the server doesnt force a limit you can always set a local one fo yourself ;)

And in that case, 30 FPS would be recommended limit of FPS I guess?

Will the players with 60-100 fps slow down the server?

Will the players with 60-100 fps slow down the server?

Nonono, they go faster than players with lower FPS.

So for as far as I understand: If 2 players dragrace, the player with high FPS will somewhat always win. While the one with low FPS will often loose.

Setting a limit will make sure they have a lower FPS difference, so it will be alot more equal.

If this is true, I think that will also solve desynchs. Not sure, but I think that differences in FPS can be the cause why some things are a little desynched. Like with shooting, your PC thinks you hit him but the other PC doesn't. If FPS would be more equal, I think this would occur alot less.

As I already said: Not sure, though. :(