Machinima Package

Hey, not sure where this should be so I posted here (mods feel free to move accordingly :))

So I really wanted to get into machinima with MTA and thought it might be nice to create a kind of tools package (nice zip file) to get started with this, and maybe help others get into it. It would contain helpful scripts that could help with filming and such, as well as any good free recording/editing software that can be found. I am a newb when it comes to this stuff so i turn to the community for help :wink:

For starters, anyone know any good free video recording and editing software? I have the demo version of fraps and it's not too good :?. As for video editors I'm completely clueless.

Also, any suggestions for useful scripts that could help with filming is appreciated, I'll name a few and get a list started. Ideas and requests are both good and if you suggest a script that already exists, please post where it can be found. Any tips are also welcome :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filming Package: Zip File (to come)

Scripts:

Freeroam:Change weather, character skin, weapons, vehicle, and plenty more on the fly.

Offedit:Create, Save, Load maps on the fly without having to leave the game and use an external editor (there are others but this is my preferred editor)

Glue: Stand on any vehicle without falling off

Admin: Change many stats, give weapons or money to players, and plenty more.

Recording Software:

-Xfire

-Wegame

Editors:

-Windows Movie Maker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips:

-Using 0 Alpha to make yourself invisible makes you a good cameraman on foot as well as in vehicles.

-***You can get rid of the hub and radar with console commands (need to find commands***)

Requests:

-CJ clothes customizing script that can save load multiple configs.

-Being able to make CJ different colors and changing just his face (is it possible?)

-Flying camera scrip (move around freely like in map editor)

-Character Animations (smoking, dancing, talking, etc...)

Edited by Guest
Hey, not sure where this should be so I posted here (mods feel free to move accordingly :))

So I really wanted to get into machinima with MTA and thought it might be nice to create a kind of tools package (nice zip file) to get started with this, and maybe help others get into it. It would contain helpful scripts that could help with filming and such, as well as any good free recording/editing software that can be found. I am a newb when it comes to this stuff so i turn to the community for help :wink:

For starters, anyone know any good free video recording and editing software? I have the demo version of fraps and it's not too good :?. As for video editors I'm completely clueless.

Also, any suggestions for useful scripts that could help with filming is appreciated, I'll name a few and get a list started. Ideas and requests are both good and if you suggest a script that already exists, please post where it can be found. Any tips are also welcome :)

Filming Package: Zip File (to come)

Freeroam:Change weather, character skin, weapons, vehicle, and plenty more on the fly.

Offedit:Create, Save, Load maps on the fly without having to leave the game and use an external editor (there are others but this is my preferred editor)

Glue: Stand on any vehicle without falling off

Admin: Change many stats, give weapons or money to players, and plenty more.

Tips:

-Using 0 Alpha to make yourself invisible makes you a good cameraman on foot as well as in vehicles.

-***You can get rid of the hub and radar with console commands (need to find commands***)

Requests:

-CJ clothes customizing script that can save load multiple configs.

-Being able to make CJ different colors and changing just his face (is it possible?)

-Flying camera scrip (move around freely like in map editor)

-Character Animations (smoking, dancing, talking, etc...)

I use XFire for recording, and Movie Maker for editing. Works just fine. Only some people can't seem to get audio recording working in XFire... =/

But for starters: What is a machinima package?

well Machinima is Animations/movies made by people using the 3d Engines/editors/scripting capabilities found in various games etc, so presumably this poster wants to put together a set of tools that will make it easier for people to create their own stories/animations/movies set in the GTA/MTA world.

So he wants to put a collection together of ingame scripts/resources that can be used to easily set up and record scenes from various angles, e.g. camera mods, object/map editors to create scenes, etc, and free 3rd party tools for recording the output and editing things together.

well Machinima is Animations/movies made by people using the 3d Engines/editors/scripting capabilities found in various games etc, so presumably this poster wants to put together a set of tools that will make it easier for people to create their own stories/animations/movies set in the GTA/MTA world.

So he wants to put a collection together of ingame scripts/resources that can be used to easily set up and record scenes from various angles, e.g. camera mods, object/map editors to create scenes, etc, and free 3rd party tools for recording the output and editing things together.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head! :)

I didn't know you could record stuff from Xfire (haven't used it in a while) but I did find 1 that seems pretty decent (for free). It's called wegame. I'll have to check San Andreas Studios out, since a few of the ideas I have, I might do in single player SA anyways :wink:

I said machinima pack, but I think i will rename it to 'filming package' because it is much broader and the package could be useful for stunt compilations and other types of movies too.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head! :)

I didn't know you could record stuff from Xfire (haven't used it in a while) but I did find 1 that seems pretty decent (for free). It's called wegame. I'll have to check San Andreas Studios out, since a few of the ideas I have, I might do in single player SA anyways :wink:

I said machinima pack, but I think i will rename it to 'filming package' because it is much broader and the package could be useful for stunt compilations and other types of movies too.

I used WeGame for Red Alert 3 Beta once. Pretty good, only the toggle doesn't work sometimes... Oh and the sound is a little weird. But well, it's good for recording nonetheless.