RP Game Mode Help/Progress topic "RPG Server (ALPHA STAGE)"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only stuff which is scripted by me right now is the team like cops, army and civilians i got help by Gamesnert, Ace_Gambit, Churchill and many more, if your name isn't here it's because i got bad memory xD

And i'm using others resources too...

I got a private map file :/

It's not really good cleaned, if someone would want to make the script better and clean it up make it easier to edit just tell me to attach the file here.

But if you're gonna edit it don't delete any of the functions ^^

I would really appreciate some cleaning and fixing :P

And BTW i was going to upload as resource but then it said wrong file format, and when i wanted to try again about 100 lines of description was gone :'(

EDIT: I have attached the files.

[attachment=0]Michael's_RPG.rar[/attachment]

Not bad, but could be better. ;)

And what does the .bak file do? ^^

And I'm actually quite scared about cops walking around with Assault Rifles+DEagles xD

And ofcourse a soldier with 9999 Grenades... How heavy! :o

Further more: Nice little script. ;)

I would suggest you to work some more on it. For example movable gates for the army? ;)

Actually it's way more easier to make gates in SA-MP :(but if i gave someone the coordinates from where it is and where it should be moved could someone fix a gate script for me? :D i would REEEEAALLY appreciate that!!

BTW The server name is right now RPG Server (Alpha Stage) or something

Actually it's way more easier to make gates in SA-MP :(but if i gave someone the coordinates from where it is and where it should be moved could someone fix a gate script for me? :D i would REEEEAALLY appreciate that!!

Really quite simple mate. You can do moveObject. :D

Just give each gate a variable, make a command for each gate and fill this in. Maybe an "if getPlayerTeam(jfnlsngsg)==army then" or something?

Just give each gate a variable, make a command for each gate and fill this in. Maybe an "if getPlayerTeam(jfnlsngsg)==army then" or something?

But when i watched other ppl get help with this it looked hard as hell to do, i tried a time ago but didn't work :(:(:(

But when i watched other ppl get help with this it looked hard as hell to do, i tried a time ago but didn't work :(:(:(

Well, show us your attempt. Then we can help you. :)

I think I know the most difficult topic you found, with sin, cos and rad? That was to calculate for strange rotZ's where it would end. :)

So that means: It doesn't have to be so hard. If you want it advanced, it can be a bit hard. But if you just want to move gates from pos 1 to pos 2? Piece of pie. ;)

i have tried your server but its getting a time out downloading resources

Oh, I didn't see this.

What exactly do you mean? That it takes long to download the resources? That's quite strange, since there is NOTHING client-side, and thus doesn't download anything at all... =/

we need an auto kick if the name will be just a nik. we need name_surname

Hmmm...

Might gettok help?

Maybe something like...

function nameKicker() 
    if not gettok(getClientName(source),2,string.byte("_")) then 
        kickPlayer(source,"You MUST have something like John_Doe!") --Didn't know anything better  
    end 
end 
addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin",getRootElement(),nameKicker) 

EDIT: Let's not forget string.byte I guess :P

xD, i would like to ask a question, if i do onplayerjoin it will do it every time, so is there onplayerregister?

If you can see it here:

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ing_Events

It exists, if you don't, it doesn't exist. :P

xD ok ill check it out :wink:

Are we able to make property's buyable and that after every time you connect youll spawn in your house in dp2? cause i heard that we have to wait until dp3? And do we have to script something to get ped animations or do we have to wait for dp3?

, but you can script a buy/sell house script in dp2.

Hmmm....... is it hard? :)

Can be, doesn't have to be. ;)

Depends on your ways of scripting. It's just how you imagine your script in front of you, how difficult it'll be.

Know that with mathematics? You calculate something a hard way, while someone else just calculates something almost immediately? Depends on your way of calculating. Same here. ;)

But to be honest: Yes, you need to know a thing or two about scripting. But you can think a while to think how you're going to do it.

Do it as far as your knowledge goes, use the wiki and the forums for the rest. (NOTE: Wiki first! :P)

, but you can script a buy/sell house script in dp2.

Hmmm....... is it hard? :)

Can be, doesn't have to be. ;)

Depends on your ways of scripting. It's just how you imagine your script in front of you, how difficult it'll be.

Know that with mathematics? You calculate something a hard way, while someone else just calculates something almost immediately? Depends on your way of calculating. Same here. ;)

But to be honest: Yes, you need to know a thing or two about scripting. But you can think a while to think how you're going to do it.

Do it as far as your knowledge goes, use the wiki and the forums for the rest. (NOTE: Wiki first! :P)

Dosent seem hard? :shock: saes have two of the mta team scripting for saes and they still havent finished it yet and they have been working for ages, hmm maybe the script will drop from the sky, :) its nice to dream :wink::D

Ok, i tried to make a Server Security notice script, i didn't work too well...

this is the code:

function admAd (player, commandName, admtext ) 
  outputChatBox ( "Server Security:" .. admtext .. ".", getRootElement(), 255, 0, 0, true ) 
end 
addCommandHandler("/adminad", admAd ) 

Plz help to fix this, it would help me A LOT on my scripting knowledge!! :)