Roleplay Servers

Guest SeanL

Ok, I've seen RPG servers and they're no fun because if a cop kills a innocent who is attacking him another cop beats up the cop and the cop is sent to jail... Thats pretty dumb, so I was thinking why doesn't anyone make real Roleplay servers, now I don't wanna turn this into a SA-MP Topic but SA-MP has a lot of roleplay servers and it's fun. Also I was thinking like you'd have to apply to be a officer, and etc.

Currently our team is in the final stages of creating a game mode that is purely meant for role-play. We already have a community of over 100 people as we are switching from SA-MP to MTA.

I'd love to give out the URL, but seeing as our host shut us down one week ago, we have no name (the host won't give us our domains back) nor a website or forums. These should all be up very shortly and then I'll update this thread with the link to us.

Our system will include:

Dynamic faction creation, whether it's legal factions or illegal factions.

Business creation and an extensive economic script. (Primary, secondary and tertiary cycles of the production tree are included, meaning that the possibilities are endless)

A psyche system

PD factions, ERS factions, NG factions etc. already scripted in.

And much more.

• 4 weeks later...
Currently our team is in the final stages of creating a game mode that is purely meant for role-play. We already have a community of over 100 people as we are switching from SA-MP to MTA.

I'd love to give out the URL, but seeing as our host shut us down one week ago, we have no name (the host won't give us our domains back) nor a website or forums. These should all be up very shortly and then I'll update this thread with the link to us.

Our system will include:

Business creation and an extensive economic script. (Primary, secondary and tertiary cycles of the production tree are included, meaning that the possibilities are endless)

A psyche system

And much more.

Well, by now its out there. The business system is not 100% made and the script is in total BETA phase, but its playable and you can RolePlay in it, and that is the most important part.

because there have been 2 RPG scripts out so long(well, 2 'good' ones). No RP server. CTF is crap, DM is useless, f i want to kill, go play COD4, There has been no RP servers before, now there is one, and if people like you would pick up your brain and use it you actually would see that RP is way more fun.

Too bad you wont listen to me and just come in the server, make some name (like Wise_Guy, yesterday, who got kicked constantly for a bad name) and start DMing and whatnot. Ask for your good CTF map, or just go play a random FPS. No offence but its just ma to say that RP is shit and they're everywhere in MTA(yeah, right, show me other RP scripts out there), while there is none.

Misha out.

because there have been 2 RPG scripts out so long(well, 2 'good' ones). No RP server. CTF is crap, DM is useless, f i want to kill, go play COD4, There has been no RP servers before, now there is one, and if people like you would pick up your brain and use it you actually would see that RP is way more fun.

Too bad you wont listen to me and just come in the server, make some name (like Wise_Guy, yesterday, who got kicked constantly for a bad name) and start DMing and whatnot. Ask for your good CTF map, or just go play a random FPS. No offence but its just ma to say that RP is :~ and they're everywhere in MTA(yeah, right, show me other RP scripts out there), while there is none.

Misha out.

RP scripts are not difficult to make. Make your own server with some basic code and call it a RP server.

Yesh....That applies to DM sripts actually, Gamesnert. In RP servers you need bank systems, house systems, car system,fresh ideas(psyche) and so on. RP scripts are actually the big scripts, the major ones and trust me when i say they take a long time to create.

Yesh....That applies to DM sripts actually, Gamesnert. In RP servers you need bank systems, house systems, car system,fresh ideas(psyche) and so on. RP scripts are actually the big scripts, the major ones and trust me when i say they take a long time to create.

These scripts are optional for RP. However, they make the server better. ^^

Houses and cars aren't that necessary. Bank isn't difficult to make. Of course, cops are needed. And the main thing is ways to earn and spend money.

Houses and cars aren't that necessary. Bank isn't difficult to make. Of course, cops are needed. And the main thing is ways to earn and spend money.

Actually, a spawn and chat is all that's necessary. But I wouldn't stay there for a single minute. ^^

there is a difference between a basic "old fashioned" RP server (which are two a penny right now) which just has the same old (admittedly important) features rehashed, such as house ownership, car ownership, etc, with rules such as "no DMing! DM and be bant!" and scripts that enforce certain limits in world that stop you doing certain things, but you then have to rely on your ability to roleplay in order to make things happen.

Whereas what I'm interested in (and seeing a couple of examples of on some various servers that are starting to appear) are more indepth RPG simulations, where there are more "rules" that connect actions with reactions, and don't just rely on human creative thought to pretend it's happening. The scripting language is powerful enough to do some things that haven't yet been fully realised on some servers, such as the features that Misha and Moenski are talking about, and what some of the other servers I mentioned in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=87&t=23195) are looking at doing.

It's wrong to suggest they'll just be the same as any other RP server that's already out there, they are a lot more complex than that, and while some people don't like that idea and prefer just to run around DMing, others actually find it more fun than aimless killing. That's their taste and choice of gameplay, and if someone is developing systems that cater for that then I'll join them in saying I can't wait to play them :)

Our system will include:

A psyche system

And much more.

Well, by now its out there. The business system is not 100% made and the script is in total BETA phase, but its playable and you can RolePlay in it, and that is the most important part.

link! link!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a lead admin there. We do take a pretty sophisticated approach to roleplay and the rules of it. It's really about doing whatever you want your character to do, that's the essence of roleplay to be honest. We are still in the beta stages but were always updating our server, the script itself is 100% stable and 110% roleplayable.

Learning to roleplay is simple and as long as you apply the same logic and common sense of doing things that certain societies deem to be acceptable then you should have a great experience all around. You can visit our forums if you would like more information.

Link can be found at:- http://concretegaming.net