If you are having SERIAL Problems, Read this!!

mcjugga... I'm not prevoking you. I'm making a point now shut up! Next person who post after me, Is a dumb@$$ And wants some of my "8==D". Lets see if that works to keep this quiet.

How are you not provoking me.

Do you expect me me to sit idly by while you say they have no life, no girlfriend and all I do is sit in my house. Of course I am going to defend myself. Which works out for you, because now you get to call me immature and I need to have the last word.

This whole discussion is pointless, as I have already said what is going to happen if they do not remove the ridiculous serial BS. It is not just me that thinks that it is pointless.

And no, this cannot stop hackers.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to atleast know why they would put a serial system in, it has no point at all.

It has a point...

Do you remember banned cheaters in mta race coming back every minute because they can simply change their ip via router reconnect?! With the serial system you are finally able to ban someone permanently!

And if a cheater really pisses of a lot of servers/players the mta team/qa members are able to ban someone from playing mta at all! (already happened a few times in the past)

The same guys you try to ban with your incredible serial system... they are going to delete their cookies, they are going to change their computer's name, and they are going to create brand new accounts at community.multitheftauto.com with brand new hotmail accounts.

YOU CAN'T BAN SOMEONE PERMANENTLY IF YOU DONT HAVE HIS IP.

You could ban an ip range, but instead of banning someone you'll ban a whole country.

I waited for MTA:DM much more that what can you expect. I reloaded the fucking page every 5 minutes to see if "the best multiplayer mod for GTA:SA ever" was done and when it is released, what happens? Everything is fucked up. Not even the BAN function works, and when dp2 comes out, everything stills the same and even in some ways worse. Why? Because the fucking camera is fucked up (again another scripting shit), the crappy server browser gots owned and some scripts doesnt even work because the server fails executing the scripts.

For the players is nice, obviously, they just register, download, install & play, like a lot of the MMORPGS out there, no problem. But now we got really, REALLY FUCKED UP because now not even the players are enjoying MTA because the programmers thinked in a amazing serial system that they dont even want to mantain.

The same guys you try to ban with your incredible serial system... they are going to delete their cookies, they are going to change their computer's name, and they are going to create brand new accounts at community.multitheftauto.com with brand new hotmail accounts.

YOU CAN'T BAN SOMEONE PERMANENTLY IF YOU DONT HAVE HIS IP.

You could ban an ip range, but instead of banning someone you'll ban a whole country.

I waited for MTA:DM much more that what can you expect. I reloaded the :o page every 5 minutes to see if "the best multiplayer mod for GTA:SA ever" was done and when it is released, what happens? Everything is :o up. Not even the BAN function works, and when dp2 comes out, everything stills the same and even in some ways worse. Why? Because the :o camera is :o up (again another scripting :~), the crappy server browser gots owned and some scripts doesnt even work because the server fails executing the scripts.

For the players is nice, obviously, they just register, download, install & play, like a lot of the MMORPGS out there, no problem. But now we got really, REALLY :o UP because now not even the players are enjoying MTA because the programmers thinked in a amazing serial system that they dont even want to mantain.

Exactly, the makers of this mod fucked themselves by putting in a serial system, there is no way to permanently ban someone.

The serial is hardware generated so even if you get a new hotmail, computername and a new mtabet.com account your serial will still be the SAME!

I'm entirely sure you can bypass this serial system like any other banning system but there are actually like 0.01% of mta players that know how and as long as no freaky computer nerd writes a "How to" for unbanning/changing your serial you should be save from most kiddie cheaters.

The serial is hardware generated so even if you get a new hotmail, computername and a new mtabet.com account your serial will still be the SAME!

I'm entirely sure you can bypass this serial system like any other banning system but there are actually like 0.01% of mta players that know how and as long as no freaky computer nerd writes a "How to" for unbanning/changing your serial you should be save from most kiddie cheaters.

I am going to write it.

Why is everyone blaming the key system as the problem? That's not the problem. it worked fine. But, for whatever reason, they disabled the key creation server "temporarily". That's the problem. Bring it back!

Why it's not back yet, I have no idea.. but it sucks.

Because, literally THE DAY I said, hmm I'll download DM again and get my server back up for it, Toady closed the serial generator.. great timing :(