If you are having SERIAL Problems, Read this!!

Sorry, but the serial script is deactivated right now. Once it is back, you should automatically get one. So, please don't make any new posts until it is announced that the generator is indeed running again. Trying to clear up the confusion, and take some of the stress away from the developers.

Here is a quote from an MTASA Dev Lil Toady:

The serial generator server is down for a bit. Topic closen for that time. If you got the serial problem today, more likely you'll get a serial right when serial generator is back up.

Also:

To answer some question befor they get asked: NO nobody knows when the serial server will be back up and NO there is absolutely no way around this problem so please be patient.

So, please refrain from making new posts requesting this.

*Disclaimer: I am not a dev member, but I am a very long time member of the MTA community. I am making this post to hopefully help keep the forum spamming down, and to clarify the current issue since it can be confusing to some.

I hope this helps.

--Welder

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see someone making the pointless-posting even more pointless.

Note to everyone: If this topic didn't inform you enough, go look at the other 5 topics underneath this one for more info... I doubt there will be ANY question about it that hasn't been answered.

Thanks Hankey, QFT :)

Edited my first post..

I made this thread out of habit... My current career is Web Master/Tech Support Engineer...

And, our company has open forums where users post their questions and comments, and our devs and such answer them, so It's very important to make things as simple and user friendly as possible, just to try to limit problems. Sure, having to make a post like this topic seems dumb, but if it helps the issue, why not?

Hopefully the Moderators at these forums can do something as well... maybe even sticky this, or make their own, but something needed to be done.

--Welder

It's about goddamn time, like I said, you should have done this in the first place.

And what exactly is your problem with all the threads anyway, Gamesnert? You don't have to come to this forum and reply 'OMG PPL READ PLS' several times to every topic, as though each time someone posts about not being able to get a serial number it feels as though someone is stabbing you through the chest and twisting the knife. I mean Christ.

I thought the byline for this forum was 'There is no shame in asking for help'? Apparently there is when you're around.

Nice to see someone making the pointless-posting even more pointless.

Note to everyone: If this topic didn't inform you enough, go look at the other 5 topics underneath this one for more info... I doubt there will be ANY question about it that hasn't been answered.

You mean a pointless system has stopped most people from ever touching your game. Most people probably just install the game and say "serial... wtf? UNINSTALLED."

I honestly see no point in the serials system. It's not like it costs money to get a new one. People who get banned will just make a new account with a proxy and get a new serial...

I don't understand how such talented programmers fail to realize this.

I honestly see no point in the serials system. It's not like it costs money to get a new one. People who get banned will just make a new account with a proxy and get a new serial...

Serials are not generated by the account... so chaning your IP and making a new account wouldn't work... nice try though.

It's a hardware serial, they would need to replace their computer.

Soooo, the talented programmers HAVE realised this.... Get your facts straight, before trying to insult their work, and telling them to pretty much throw away a system I'm sure they have worked very hard on. :)

And, I LOVE the serial system, I've been an MTA server owner for about 3 years.... so I know the old IP banning doesnt work... thats why Serials is the way to go.

THe client hooks into your computer and generates the serial, and uploads it to the website... NOT the otherway around....

It works the same way as the security system the company I work for has in our software.

So, if he WERE to make a new account, his computer would still make the same serial, and the server would detect that.

that's why i can't install the game!i used my old pass and i thought that i had been deleted but serial shits are the problem......!PLZ if the serials will be back someone tell me! :):D:)

Most people probably just install the game and say "serial... wtf? UNINSTALLED."

this is sooooo true...im admin of a german gta mp site and 80% of the people there had these damn serial problems...one or two are still trying to get mta work on their pc..but most just give up ...now they are still playing this ****** samp. Its extremly frustating .... :?

//edit btw..there 1 Billion (oO) cheaters in samp and nobody cares..and most of them quit cheating after a while an become "normal" players...

poor english..i know.. :P

Serials are not generated by the account... so chaning your IP and making a new account wouldn't work... nice try though.

It's a hardware serial, they would need to replace their computer.

Soooo, the talented programmers HAVE realised this.... Get your facts straight, before trying to insult their work, and telling them to pretty much throw away a system I'm sure they have worked very hard on. :)

And, I LOVE the serial system, I've been an MTA server owner for about 3 years.... so I know the old IP banning doesnt work... thats why Serials is the way to go.

THe client hooks into your computer and generates the serial, and uploads it to the website... NOT the otherway around....

It works the same way as the security system the company I work for has in our software.

So, if he WERE to make a new account, his computer would still make the same serial, and the server would detect that.

Hook the hook. Unbanned. End of story.

It's an endless game of cat and mouse which only results in the legitimate users being hurt.

lol, 3 day coffee break?... its been about a week and still no updates when it might be back up.. at least give updates, cant just let people sit around.

Why don't you get ANOTHER cup of coffee, and enjoy it for another... Ehm... 14 days? :P Just wait.

Does anyone have any idea when it will be back up again ?

Thanks

As I already said, just wait. But I think Lil Toady might be able to give an ETA in a few days. Don't hope too much yet though!

What's really sad is that I can't even play on my own server because of this serial issue.

Can you imagine the frustration at watching your own console kick you? For a feature I never use anyway.

I use MTA to play with my realworld friends, we use a password protected server, so banning isn't an issue.

I'm know that the serial system was designed with good intentions, but all you have to do is compare the 7000 users online on SAMP to the 35 users online with MTA.

Note too, that SAMP had to ditch their anticheat system because it caused more problems than it solved. I hope the MTA staff will come around someday. Until then.....

Well, I guess I won't be playing MTA (because it won't let me!).

I would also like to note that ppl here keep posting about how irritating it is that everyone keeps making new topics to ask about the serial problem; the mods act like the users are all stupid. For one, those are YOUR users. YOUR fans. They are frustrated because of problems with YOUR software. Does it ever occur to you that it is YOUR serial system that is the problem?????

And two, don't you think this is pretty standard behaviour for any forum? Anywhere on the net really! You keep telling users to read the other topics first, and they keep posting anyway. Same old thing that's been going on ever since the internet started. The challenge to you is to present the data in a better way, instead of complaining and trying to tell people what to do.

That is the challenge of all computer programming; controlling the complexity instead of getting all emotional about it.

(( Maybe a little big to quote... Ehm... See the 2nd post above mine here... ))

Yes, you're quite right. I don't know why they just kick out serial system until solved... Oh well, it'll be waiting until it works.

(I actually picked the right time to go on holliday? Lol)

By the way, if you have something like Hamachi (virtual networking application) or use 127.0.0.1, you might be able to get on. (your friends only by Hamachi or LAN though...) I don't know for sure though!