"fast loading" of the Server list

At the moment, it is a little bit boring at the very beginning you start up MTA, since the server list needs some time to be loaded.

My suggestion is, that the servers are stored on shutdown, until the startup, and that the old server list is shown until the new serverlist loaded (with questionmarks at "ping" and "players", maybe).

This way it would be faster to join static servers, like the FMJ or the =PCP= server, or Simbads server.

Of course you can build in a memory which only saves the servers when they kept their IP for more then three days, but that may be a little too much work - since everyone is already waiting for DP3.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a favorites list you can use for that (if not in DP2 then in the next version).

I have servers stored in my fav list, but they are not shown until the serverlist has loaded.

That's true, and that's why I support this suggestion. Yes, the server list should be cached for the next time MTA starts. Most popular servers are still up the next day with the same IP, so this is very convenient.

Along with this though, there will have to be a way to reset the server list cache, even though the normal operation of refreshing should do this, sometimes cache must be deleted beforehand because of errors that may form within the cache, causing crashes. This will save alot of time with support questions.

• 1 month later...
When I start MTA, I press browse servers. Then I close that window and press browse servers again. All servers are show :)

very true :mrgreen:, but its all cause are nets are slow, i was at my friends, not even the loading message was there, the whole list just loaded on the click "browse server".