Model sising.

DazzaJay

Now, im not sure if ive only heard that this is possible, or if the screenshots in the POTD are lying to me.

But is there a way to change the sise of a custom model, Like say, make the Repair / nitro pickups Twice as big (VISUALLY) Thru LUA, so not having to Model edit them in 3dsmaxx or somthing.

i have checvked the Wili for all the inportDFF stuff and i could find nothing about changing the model sise. but ive heard its possible.

And remember that setObjectScale() is client-side only! (client-side would be nice someday

Uh, can i please get Clarification on what you said there, as you say its Client Side only, but then you say it would be nice for a Client Side version of the command.

(Simple typo, i type stuff like that all the time)

But yeah, is it Client Sided or Server Sided?

It's easy to make setObjectScale() in server side.

Server:

function setObjectScale(theObject,scale) 
    triggetClientEvent("setObjectScale",theObject,scale) 
end 

Client:

addEvent("setObjectScale") 
addEventHandler("setObjectScale",getRootElement(), 
function(scale) 
    setObjectScale(source,scale) 
end ) 

Is this correct?

From what ive heard, Some Script commands and such only work on a ceartian side. Like the one that displays Images, only works Client Side.

True and it's the same with setObjectScale() but Doomed just made a server-side function named "setObjectScale" that will trigger the client-side function setObjectScale on every client using a custom event so it will be synced.

Well, now i know what the function is called, i was able to Find it on the Wiki.

and i added this: setObjectScale(object, 2.0)

Into The Pickup section of Race Gamemode, bringing the Pickup's Visual sise to that of Classic MTA Race 1.1.1

Which means the Pothole DM Server has Checkpoints 1 sise bigger than Race 1.1.1, Pickup Radius a little bigger than Race 1.1.1 AND Visual Pickup Sise As large as 1.1.1.

Fun :-)