is there a list of RP/RPG servers anywhere?

Other than randomly stumbling across threads on here regarding RP/RPG servers - is there a decent list of some of the better RP/RPG MTASADM servers, perhaps with a list of features of each? I guess it would be cool to know if they're public released gamemodes/scripts or whether their private. I don't mind either way, but I guess it's interesting to know.

Basically I wanna know if there is one that does it all, or whether they do all different things. If I can't find one that suits what I would want then I'll have to start doing my own, bit by bit, but if I know there's already a top notch one out there that has everything I could want, then I won't need to bother as I'm not going to re-invent the wheel :)

Plus it means I can start work on a different gamemode instead. :)

Basically I wanna know if there is one that does it all, or whether they do all different things. If I can't find one that suits what I would want then I'll have to start doing my own, bit by bit, but if I know there's already a top notch one out there that has everything I could want, then I won't need to bother as I'm not going to re-invent the wheel :)

I believe most of the RPG servers want to keep their scripts private and therefore the features may vary more or less, depending on the server.

I expected that, but I wasn't expecting an RP/RPG gamemode to be available to download, that was just an aside for others who might be interested in a similar list.

I'm more than happy to join someone else's server if it has the sort of features that I want, etc, but I've not really found many so far and I don't know what the best features are of each. Basically I want to join one that a) is actively improving, b) has good support, and c) has some cool scripted features that makes it stand out from the rest. I don't want to end up on some n00b testground for his lame scripting skills masquerading as an RPG server :) if I was gonna do that, I'd write my own n00b scripts :)

• 5 weeks later...

Here's an updated list of heavily anticipated RP(G) servers on MTA, in various states of completion :)

• SAES (http://www.saesrpg.net/) - Judging by the features listed on their forum as "already thought of, and in v2", this one is looking highly likely to be the the top dog.
  • Argonath (http://www.argonathrpg.eu/) - judging by the feature set of the SA-MP version, if they can recreate this one in MTA it could be one of the better ones.
  • Venturas Nights (viewtopic.php?f=87&t=23291) - Nothing known about this one at the moment, other than it's been in progress for 6 months, so hopefully there'll be something worth shouting about eventually.
  • Simbad De Zeeman - (http://38.103.164.118/~simbadde/gamemode.html) - Hopefully SDZ has plans to build on this server and add further features because some of the work on there is pretty good.
  • Another another one that sounded promising (viewtopic.php?p=281678#p281678), described by Moenski, but other than a few features listed, nothing really known about it.

and what happened to the MTA-RPG site that I read in one old forum post? It appears one or two of the MTA QA Team were in that project, but I think they are now part of SAES?

Dropped from the list:

* Godfather (viewtopic.php?f=87&t=22852) seemed to die just as quickly as it was announced, and the URL in the thread now links to a rather suspicious website these days. :(

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried it, its quite nice.

i agree, it seemed to be pretty good, as was another one I saw the other night... can't remember what it's called now, but if i log in to it again today I'll make sure I update the list above with them as this other one in particular has been the most advanced in terms of it's development that is "live" to the public, so at the moment it seems to be the front runner until the other servers become public :)