HS rocket launcher VS air desynch

Gamesnert

The HS rocket launcher is kind of strange when fired on air targets, for the player who fired it it goes like... Wow! Speed of light! And for the other it goes normally, untill he has been hit out of nowhere... Try doing this when they're on the ground! You'll see what I mean.

Still, it is faster for the one firing than the one flying. Is this fixable? Since players in aircraft never know when a rocket impacts on how it's currently...

I don't mind some more speed against air, but it's annoying it goes slower in the eyes of the flying player...

• 2 weeks later...

Its true, he reported it (and I didn't believe him, first).

But it seems the Rockets already bear the speed offset of the player when they are created, which means when you fly away from the person who fires a hs at you, they have the "shooting speed" plus your speed. And since they are following you...

This is absolutely stupid when you try to dodge hydra rockets. Normally the rustler is able to do so (dodging, i am talking about), but in this case, the rocket runs past you, but the explosion is at your - ass - which is quite stupid. Especially when the hydra pilot is one of those crazy-ass "i shoot everything thats near" type of player.

I don't know if I'm absolutely correct with my theory, but I suppose its either that they already got a speed when they are created, and that MTA adds another speed vector to that default speed, or its that the speed is measured from the player point of view. Theories over theories.

Thats the problem. The speed is NOT the same for Both (Though the explosion is displayed correctly on both clients).

As far as i can remember it's that in gta sp the rocket moves really slow if you aim at a car (slower than the normal rpg) but if you shoot at a plane it's way faster because it wouldn't reach it if it was so slow.

In MTA i experienced that the guy who is flying is seeing the rocket at a speed that the rocket would have against cars but the shooter is seeing it flying at a higher speed but in fact the explosion position results from the path the rocket had at higher speed.