GTA United question

Oooh, and we can't remove San Andreas from the game, so we would have to put LC and VC outside the map and make SA unaccessible because map models would be replaced and SA would be messed up.

So I see nothing bad in this:

Somebody makes gamemode for this map and runs the server. Anybody could install the mod into GTA SA and play in that server, so everybody would have the same map, it wouldn't be cheating and everybody would be glad because they can play in LC and VC.

What's wrong? I see nothing illegal.

1.Playing GTA SA with GTA United installed doesn't break copyrights. Playing MTA SA doesn't break copyrights. Then WHY WOULD IT BE ILLEGAL to play MTA SA with GTA United installed?

Yes it does cus you modify your "original San Andreas" and broadcast it what makes it ilegal

Playing mta doesnt cus mta doesnt change anything in your "original San Andreas" it goes arround it

1.Playing GTA SA with GTA United installed doesn't break copyrights. Playing MTA SA doesn't break copyrights. Then WHY WOULD IT BE ILLEGAL to play MTA SA with GTA United installed?

Yes it does cus you modify your "original San Andreas" and broadcast it what makes it ilegal

Playing mta doesnt cus mta doesnt change anything in your "original San Andreas" it goes arround it

No, you do NOT broadcast neither original nor modified San Andreas. Map doesn't even touch/isn't even touched by MTA somehow. It's completely separated from MTA. So you mean that playing GTA United is illegal?

2.And players would have to download hundreds of megabytes of data from the server.

Like in all very well synced multiplayer games.

Where that data is so useful that it doesn't need any alternatives.

We will get the same like sa:mp, people join my server with mods which are not synced to other players because they dont have them. People are driving in my server on an island that is not visible on my screen. If you really want to have GTA:United, it has to be supported by MTA's scripting system. And has to be downloaded when you join the server (from an external http server)

I heard a long time ago that there was a server that did replaced models from san andreas with gta vice city models but was not 100% ready. Someone i know been there and was driving on starfish island. (thats what he said) He had to download like ~150 mb or more.

You are the first one who post the word 'cheat' here.

My opinion is: If people want to play GTA United, it must be possible with replacing models or something with MTA's scripting system. And not with installing the mod offline yourself, that will cause trouble.

The question of this topic was: I saw a great mod on one of the GTA modding sites. It's name is GTA United and if I'm right it adds liberty and vice city to san andreas and you can travel between them. Will it be possible in any of the upcoming versions of MTA to include LC and VC somehow?

I think a mta developer knows the answer.

You don't have to be a developer to answer that question. MTA is never going to support such a huge mod. A simple calculation of file size versus data transfer (what were you thinking?! That mod is like a few gigabytes in size!), current engine design and history of MTA obviously can only lead to this conclusion.

Edit:

Ok, maybe it's not a few gigabytes in size but it's still completely unpractical to distribute as part of an online game mode.

Edited by Guest

Why are we still arguing over this? It is not possible nor will it ever become possible for MTA to do this.

And I quote myself (note the bold sections).

[..]

current engine design and history of MTA obviously can only lead to this conclusion.

[..]

Edited by Guest
[offtopic] Thats about 'causing problems' not 'cheating' [/offtopic]

So IF players with modded map join one server for players with that map installed, they don't cause problems. And IF they join the server with players with original map, they cause problems and they are treated as cheaters. In this case causing problems is cheating :)