GTA United question

Did somebody see my post? Why couldn't MTA run when game is modified?

Because modifying a game is treated as "cheating"?

That would be really stupid. Of course, some people say that because they don't know what is cheating :)

"Cheating" word has spread out over time in on-line gaming. Imagine: you've modified a game, you have a "road to heaven" (a road leading to the sky) that ONLY you can see and therefore ONLY you can use... is that fair? No, so that is treated as "cheating". Everything that gives only you an advantage and is meant to help you play is cheating, because only you can use that advantage not everyone on the server. Do you understand now? I don't think so... And that's why MTA Team give possibilities such as createObject on server-side, which gives everyone the same advantage of using the objects. Hopefully you'll change your way of thinking now.

"Cheating" word has spread out over time in on-line gaming. Imagine: you've modified a game, you have a "road to heaven" (a road leading to the sky) that ONLY you can see and therefore ONLY you can use... is that fair? No, so that is treated as "cheating". Everything that gives only you an advantage and is meant to help you play is cheating, because only you can use that advantage not everyone on the server. Do you understand now? I don't think so... And that's why MTA Team give possibilities such as createObject on server-side, which gives everyone the same advantage of using the objects. Hopefully you'll change your way of thinking now.

This is why all users in the server must have original map OR the same map mod :)

This is why all users in the server must have original map OR the same map mod :)

Do you know what I was referring to? I don't think you do :/

Did somebody see my post? Why couldn't MTA run when game is modified?

Because modifying a game is treated as "cheating"?

And didn't I said:

...that's why MTA Team give possibilities such as createObject on server-side, which gives everyone the same advantage of using the objects. ...

Sometimes it's difficult to understand posts without reading the whole topic, I know...

because MTA doesn't support mods, it's that simple, however you can create your own city using scripting and have players download the clientside files from a site before they play on your server

What do you mean by saying "doesn't support"?

because MTA doesn't support mods, it's that simple, however you can create your own city using scripting and have players download the clientside files from a site before they play on your server

What do you mean by saying "doesn't support"?

Jesus... "doesn't give possibility" to use mods or "doesn't allow" to play with mods or "MTA developers don't like mods"... Just come to term mta is not supposed to be played with mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Why you guys dont read and ask the same questions over and over?

1. Its not an option to modify gta sa data and play Mta with it, it wouldnt be legal either (copyrights) Rockstargames

2.Only way to do is replace the existing models by scripting it that way you wont have to change original data wich makes it legal

Looks great but how can I include it in MTA?

You don't have to include it in MTA. MTA has nothing with it. I think it would be best to make gamemode or gamemode map for this mod and also make some script that checks if player has the mod installed by using collision checking functions in some places.

Why you guys dont read and ask the same questions over and over?

1. Its not an option to modify gta sa data and play Mta with it, it wouldnt be legal either (copyrights) Rockstargames

2.Only way to do is replace the existing models by scripting it that way you wont have to change original data wich makes it legal

1.Playing GTA SA with GTA United installed doesn't break copyrights. Playing MTA SA doesn't break copyrights. Then WHY WOULD IT BE ILLEGAL to play MTA SA with GTA United installed?

2.And players would have to download hundreds of megabytes of data from the server.