replaced vehicle models question

There are a lot of vehicle replacement mods on different GTA websites. In the readmes they say you have to change handling.cfg vehicle.ide and sometimes other files. I know it's not possible in DP2, but if I put a new vehicle model in MTA I face problems like my player is unable to get into the vehicle or opens the door of the vehicle from 2 meters above the car and drives the car outside the vehicle etc :D It's funny but I hope there will be a way to fix this. Which files should be edited in DP3 to fix these problems?

1. If players appears over a vehicle it means the dummy "object" which tells the game that driver seat is there..., to fix it you'd need to modify model itself. In DP2 custom models' dummies are all placed in the middle of the vehicle (even lights dummies).

2. If readme file says you need to change handling.cfg it asks you to do it just to improve driving that vehicle or to make it more realistic.

3. If you're asked to modify vehicle.ide it means you will probably need to change its "definition" (like who (AI) drives that vehicle, texture name, etc.) and you don't have to worry about this file.

We hope the no.1 will be fixed in DP3.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe call a function that uses setTimer to do the engineImportTXD and DFF .

if u call it with onPlayerJoin and give it a 20 - 30 second delay it might work. u could even set a second timer to do it again 5- 10 seconds later to get past the sometimes white car issue.

ill give it a go when i have time ( hopefully tonight ) :D

May I ask you how many replaced vehicles do you using in your server? I have problem after I replace 12-13 I don't know exactly how many but the game quits with timed out. If I'm trying to rejoin the server it quits again. I'd like to replace at least 30 vehicles. :D But I can't... :cry:

The engine functions are a bit buggy. Hopefully DP3 is going to solve this. But right now replacing lots of vehicle models can easily crash your client. You could try to use the element streamed in call back function and replace only those vehicles that are within streaming range. This is no guarantee for success but may provide a more stable workaround.