Make it so you can run both DM and Race

Guest mdawgmike

The sole reason why my community (fearedgamers.net) has abandoned MTA is that the race functionality is not there anymore. Our 600+ maps on our server no longer work properly with DM. But, we do love DM for everything else. Unfortunately we like to race better, so we have chosen to remain using v1.1.2 for our server.

My suggestion, and I would think a very simple one, just make it so you can install and use both. All this would take is to have the two be installed separately and then to write a simple program that would bring up two options when you click the MTA executable:

"Deathmatch"

"Race"

Clicking one would load the respective program.

This would be a quick fix to many people's dilemmas. The other option, of course, would be to fix the race mode within DM. But that would be much more complicated I would think. Taking the simple route would make everyone happy and allow us to continue to use DM. Failing to do anything pertaining to race will do nothing but continue to drive us away from MTA. So, I beg of you (MTA developers), please do SOMETHING!

Thank you for your time.

you can do both, i have both mtarace adn mtadm installed. first have 2 clean copies of gtasa installed. (u can just copy the folder). i then installed mtarace to 1 of the folders.... and made a mta race folder. then i installed mtadm to the other folder and made a folder for mtadm.

but you will need a small program to switch between race and dm with a click of a button ;o

http://www.teamskc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=188

read more there, works good for me.