ALT-TAB or minimize

Please, PLEASE let us minimize or ALT-TAB MTA in the next version, it takes quite some time to load each time and every single time you want to do anything at all outside MTA you have to disconnect and exit the game... it sucks. :P

Please, PLEASE let us minimize or ALT-TAB MTA in the next version, it takes quite some time to load each time and every single time you want to do anything at all outside MTA you have to disconnect and exit the game... it sucks. :P

I think they wont do that becouse players can escape dead than.

I think they wont do that becouse players can escape dead than.

First, "escaping death" can already be done, it's just a matter of pressing ESC and Disconnect. Second, I guess it wouldn't be such a huge problem to make it possible to kill a player even when alt-tabbed down, that's kind of the risk you take when you do it.

At the moment, a white square appears to the player's nametag when his game is minimized in the windowed mode. I guess the same thing would work with Alt+Tab?

The ability to Alt+Tab would really be a great feature, as I know a couple of players who won't play MTA because they cannot Alt+Tab. Also this is causing trouble to many admins, who need to monitor some other program than MTA (for example TeamSpeak).

Here's what you can do. While disconnected from a server, open your console (using F8) and type "window"

Remember that MTA will not allow window mode changes while connected to a server (DP 2.1).

MTA should now be changed from full screen to windowed mode. [ALT+TAB] should now function correctly, with the exception that MTA will remain atop all other windows. This means you may use [ALT+TAB] to bring other windows to attention like normal, but you may need to move the MTA window out of the way to see it. I recommend using a smaller resolution in MTA than your desktop resolution, so that you may relocate your window around the desktop easier with room to spare.

Windowed mode will allow you to manipulate windows outside of MTA, and it will also allow you to minimize the MTA window itself. (Remember, to toggle the cursor in-game, press [ALT+Right Mouse Button]. This cursor should be able to move from MTA to the desktop and back)

I know a couple of players who won't play MTA because they cannot Alt+Tab

I feel sorry for those players.

Here's what you can do. While disconnected from a server, open your console (using F8) and type "window"

The problem with the windowed mode (at least for me) is that the game doesn't run with as good FPS as it does in full screen mode.

I feel sorry for those players.

Yeah, and I feel sorry for the MTA community for having people like you who obviously don't want to get more people to play MTA:SA and make MTA more popular.

The problem with the windowed mode (at least for me) is that the game doesn't run with as good FPS as it does in full screen mode.

Who asked? I was responding to the thread author, not you, sorry for the confusion.

people like you who obviously don't want to get more people to play MTA:SA and make MTA more popular.

How can you imply such an abstract concept? When I meant I am sorry for those players, it means that I feel sorry that they are missing out on such a great modification over such trivial elements. Although I do believe such elements need improvement, that shouldn't mean dismissing the mod completely. They should join the forum, and voice their concern over what they think should be improved about MTA. That's why this thread section is here. If they don't feel obligated to do so, then they truly don't care.

How can you imply such an abstract concept? When I meant I am sorry for those players, it means that I feel sorry that they are missing out on such a great modification over such trivial elements.

Ah alright, in that case I apologize. I thought you were just trying to be sarcastic or so.

Ah alright, in that case I apologize. I thought you were just trying to be sarcastic or so.

No problem, it happens to me too. Sometimes I can't really tell what people are trying to say because the words on screen have no emotion. This is the disadvantage of text communication over voice communication. Because usually its more important how you say something than what you say.

Anyways, do any developers know if the ALT-TAB, minimize, or windowed mode features are going to be altered on the DP3 release?

... as I know a couple of players who won't play MTA because they cannot Alt+Tab. Also this is causing trouble to many admins, who need to monitor some other program than MTA (for example TeamSpeak).

" a couple of players"..lol....almost everyonei know won't play mta because they cant minimize the game

" a couple of players"..lol....almost everyonei know won't play mta because they cant minimize the game
I feel sorry that they are missing out on such a great modification over such trivial elements. Although I do believe such elements need improvement, that shouldn't mean dismissing the mod completely.

Well when they come out with DP3 maybe things will be changed. Cross your fingers!

I don't think it takes so much making killable players that minimizes MTA, an internal event should be enough, on every OS is easy to handle a thing like this.

I think your translator is broken. Try to find a new one that is accurate to your intentions.

As most of you say, minimising causes MTA to stop accepting packets - and this causes a whole array of issues. This is why the team need to find a way of keeping MTA open whilst allowing for alt+tab.

There have been plans to make Alt+tab work without minimising the game. Alt+tab would bring the selected window in focus, without minimising (i.e. bring the window to the front, and you would have MTA in the background of the screen).

I can pretty much say right now that this won't make DP3 because we're desperately trying to push for release. I just thought i'd let you know that we're aware its frustrating, and are looking for good methods to avoid the problems.

The ability to Alt+Tab would really be a great feature, as I know a couple of players who won't play MTA because they cannot Alt+Tab. Also this is causing trouble to many admins, who need to monitor some other program than MTA (for example TeamSpeak).

I have 2 screens. I don't need to minimize the game, this alt+tab block... thing.... makes sure it will stay on my right screen, while I change some code on my left screen. So not all admins are having trouble with this. Only the ones who have only 1 screen. ;)

Anyway, I'm a bit against alt+tab being fixed, for this reason. :P It's only annoying when some of the programs open on the right screen, and I can't move 'em to the left... :(

• 7 months later...
if you go, mta mainmenu and f8 type window and enter. that works and then you can minimise the mta window by clicking escape in theserver you are in and scrolling off the mta window. simple as :P:)

Erm, thanks for the tip... but... this topic is *OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD* :lol:

Might it not be a good idea that if MTA is desynched due to being minimized, it doesn't send anymore information and thus time-out? It would be kinda annoying if someone could just alt+tab the darn thing so he's desynched... =/

Hope they figure out a way to keep the game running in the background even when minimized, since the ALT+TAB feature really has demand.

I guess it should be possible to find some way, since in SA:MP it's working ( :?: ).

Hope they figure out a way to keep the game running in the background even when minimized, since the ALT+TAB feature really has demand.

I guess it should be possible to find some way, since in SA:MP it's working ( :?: ).

The GTA SA engine freezes when it's alt+tabbed AFAIK. SA:MP ESPECIALLY has this issue.

The GTA SA engine freezes when it's alt+tabbed AFAIK. SA:MP ESPECIALLY has this issue.

Yes, I renember in sa-mp people used to think that I was cheating because I was invincible but infact it was me using my desktop after ALT+TAB'ing.

• 2 weeks later...