What are you looking forward to in DP3?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Object limit?! Never heard of an object limit in mta dm or at least i never heard that any map has reached it^^

Ah that's even better. I just heard that the limit was about 3500 or something. Guess I shouldn't trust people's word for it :)

ya some even said it was 1337 :| , i dont think they improved it, mtaqa test server we were testing on had the limit of 128, even so its a waste of time, the maximum players ive seen in mta in one server were 50

The total mta elements limit is around 65535. You can fill that by objects, but there's some gta limit for the number of objects in one area. Though in dp3 the local objects limit should not bother you much as the new streamer makes sure you have the closest objects in game.

Oh and now that i came across it, there is this thing if you press the right mouse button for like 10 seconds it closes mta to your desktop

Is that a bug? Never noticed it, and I've holded it for over 20 seconds a few times and no crash... =/

well today it happened twice, and it pissed me off cause i was gonna kill this guy :(

• 1 month later...

How about voice speak, like of call of duty, when pressing a key you could talk with your mic, the owner of the server will have the option the either switch it off, everyone can talk or the team only can hear, and the players can mute anyone for themselves.This could be a good idea for the future of RP servers,having the possibility not to type but speak, could also be for how many units the player is like the chat, obviously its just an idea.

How about voice speak, like of call of duty, when pressing a key you could talk with your mic, the owner of the server will have the option the either switch it off, everyone can talk or the team only can hear, and the players can mute anyone for themselves.This could be a good idea for the future of RP servers,having the possibility not to type but speak, could also be for how many units the player is like the chat, obviously its just an idea.

Irrelevant to MTA, if players want this they can use Ventrilo or another VoIP.

whats the point of using those! you cant speak to whoever in the server, abit like the voice speak if gta IV

whats the point of using those! you cant speak to whoever in the server, abit like the voice speak if gta IV

Imagine trying to sync all the client-server-client data with tons of audio data fighting to get through on time as well.

Several people also have connections that are barely enough for the game itself.

Some people, (me, for example) would find it incredibly annoying, and disable it.

Lots of people would speak different languages so you couldn't talk to them anyways.

Not everybody has a mic/headset.

Several more points. So here, loads of reason not to do it - what would be the reason to do it?

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine trying to sync all the client-server-client data with tons of audio data fighting to get through on time as well.

Several people also have connections that are barely enough for the game itself.

Some people, (me, for example) would find it incredibly annoying, and disable it.

Lots of people would speak different languages so you couldn't talk to them anyways.

Several more points. So here, loads of reason not to do it - what would be the reason to do it?

and what about the country servers?

how scarface says.

the server owner will like if he turn it on or off :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

well if i understood you right you mean soemthing like msn talk, but what i mean is a push-to-talk voice

well if i understood you right you mean soemthing like msn talk, but what i mean is a push-to-talk voice

Although that matters quite a bit, it doesn't matter. It still costs quite much bandwidth to send the data client-server-clients. It uses valuable bandwidth that could be used for much better synch, better scripts or more players. Besides, aren't there server-hosting places where you need to pay for bandwidth? Besides, I personally don't see the use anyway. If you still want it, use an external application.

Although that matters quite a bit, it doesn't matter. It still costs quite much bandwidth to send the data client-server-clients. It uses valuable bandwidth that could be used for much better synch, better scripts or more players. Besides, aren't there server-hosting places where you need to pay for bandwidth? Besides, I personally don't see the use anyway. If you still want it, use an external application.

This idea should be mainly used locally, meaning users living close to each other, but could also be of very far away too, thats why there should be an option for it.

This idea should be mainly used locally, meaning users living close to each other, but could also be of very far away too, thats why there should be an option for it.

You're basically saying that only people living close should be allowed to, but yet people from far away should be able to too. What's the difference? =/

Besides, still does NOT solve the bandwidth problem. It still needs to go from client to server to multiple others. Devs & open sources could better focus on the bugs, synch and features that don't have such a big downside IMO. Later on, in version... 9941364631343136435484 or something... It could be added. But there's more to do than only this... =/

You're basically saying that only people living close should be allowed to, but yet people from far away should be able to too. What's the difference? =/

Besides, still does NOT solve the bandwidth problem. It still needs to go from client to server to multiple others. Devs & open sources could better focus on the bugs, synch and features that don't have such a big downside IMO. Later on, in version... 9941364631343136435484 or something... It could be added. But there's more to do than only this... =/

This is just a feature, im not saying that the devs should work on this instead of bugs.

• 4 months later...