tab = {}, 
    button = {}, 
    edit = {}, 
    label = {}, 
} 
GUIEditor = { 
    tabpanel = {} 
} 
local screenW, screenH = guiGetScreenSize() 
LoginPanel = guiCreateWindow((screenW - 283) / 2, (screenH - 359) / 2, 283, 359, "Login Panel", false) 
guiWindowSetMovable(LoginPanel, false) 
guiSetAlpha(LoginPanel, 1.00) 
guiSetProperty(LoginPanel, "CaptionColour", "FFF8B516") 

GUIEditor.tabpanel[1] = guiCreateTabPanel(10, 19, 264, 331, false, LoginPanel) 

GUIEditor.tab[1] = guiCreateTab("Login", GUIEditor.tabpanel[1]) 

GUIEditor.button[1] = guiCreateButton(168, 267, 91, 35, "Login", false, GUIEditor.tab[1]) 
guiSetProperty(GUIEditor.button[1], "NormalTextColour", "FFAAAAAA") 
GUIEditor.edit[1] = guiCreateEdit(92, 36, 158, 30, "", false, GUIEditor.tab[1]) 
GUIEditor.label[1] = guiCreateLabel(0, 36, 92, 30, "Username:", false, GUIEditor.tab[1]) 
guiSetFont(GUIEditor.label[1], "default-bold-small") 
guiLabelSetColor(GUIEditor.label[1], 204, 98, 20) 
guiLabelSetHorizontalAlign(GUIEditor.label[1], "center", false) 
guiLabelSetVerticalAlign(GUIEditor.label[1], "center") 
GUIEditor.label[2] = guiCreateLabel(0, 5, 263, 18, "Login", false, GUIEditor.tab[1]) 
guiSetFont(GUIEditor.label[2], "default-bold-small") 
guiLabelSetColor(GUIEditor.label[2], 227, 84, 21) 
guiLabelSetHorizontalAlign(GUIEditor.label[2], "center", false) 
guiLabelSetVerticalAlign(GUIEditor.label[2], "center") 
GUIEditor.label[3] = guiCreateLabel(-3, 16, 263, 15, "________________________________________", false, GUIEditor.tab[1]) 
guiSetFont(GUIEditor.label[3], "default-bold-small") 
guiLabelSetColor(GUIEditor.label[3], 227, 84, 21) 
guiLabelSetHorizontalAlign(GUIEditor.label[3], "center", false) 

GUIEditor.tab[2] = guiCreateTab("Register", GUIEditor.tabpanel[1]) 

Is that exactly as it was output, or did you change anything by hand at any point?

If it was output like that, can you tell me the exact steps you did to make it happen? (from starting the gui editor to getting that result)

It is erroring because the 'GUIEditor' table is getting defined twice, with the second one overwriting the first. I can't see any way this could ever happen with just regular code output (maybe if you loaded code in and something went horribly wrong, if that is the case i would need to see the gui code that you loaded). If you change the table definition to this instead it will work:

GUIEditor = { 
    tab = {}, 
    button = {}, 
    edit = {}, 
    label = {}, 
    tabpanel = {} 
} 

I did not modify anything. I added color to the window name, i added a few textboxes. The problem I believe is i added a position code with GUIEDITOR, and the error says that on line 698, ___PositionCode)___ tab was not defined, now I have all my other codes which are working fine, and this was my first output, could it be because of that?

Sorry for bumping, but whenever I start the resource and start creating the gui, when I wanna make for the gui a text or variable, it just crashes..

What crashes? MTA?

Which mta version are you running?

When exactly does it crash? (ie: when you click the menu option, when you enter a character, when you save the text, etc)

csmit: I found the problem, i will update with a fix sometime this week. Thanks for the report!

MTA Crashes, I'm running the lastest version and when I click on save the text

There is not a whole lot that is done behind the scenes when you set element text, and nothing particularly jumps out at me as potentially causing a crash. I'll need some more info to stand a chance at figuring this out

- To be clear, it happens when you click this button?

- What explicit mta version are you running? (inside mta, press F8, type 'ver', hit enter and post the version number here)

- What version of windows are you running?

- Does it crash setting text for all the different gui element types, or only specific ones?

- When you set the text, are you using multi-line or single line? (if you don't know, it defaults to single line)

- Do you enter some text or do you set it to nothing?

- Does it crash if you set the text on dx items?

- Does it crash setting other options using the input boxes? (eg: setting a property on a gui element)

Ultimately, unless it is something i can work around, a crash in mta will need to be fixed in mta itself

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GUI Editor made my life much much easier, but there is one bug. if you create a window, then a tabpanel inside the window. and add some tabs. then you press preview in resoulotion and untick it again, the tab panel fucks up.

I can take a pciture but i think its like this for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

When i'll output the GUI i've made it gives coordinates like these:

local Window = guiCreateWindow(673, 330, 584, 382, "Testing", true) 

And my friend gets coordinates like these:

local Window = guiCreateWindow ( 0.25, 0.30, 0.5, 0.4, "Testing", true ) 

The problem is, everything works fine in GUIEditor, but when i'll start the GUI i've made in my server.

It creates it out of my screen i guess.

When i'll change the Window coordinates with the one of my friend, it shows in the middle of the screen.

Is there any setting in GUIeditor for different output coordinates?

Thanks,