[REL] Kapil's Instant House Construction - [KIHC 0.1.61]

Kapil

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for new version!

BUG REPORT:

• When you own a house and rent your own, you are not able to unrent it, it says "You are not able to unrent your own house" ^^
  • When you rent a house (whats don´t yours), and try to unrent it, it says nothing...so i am not sure that the unrent works :wink:
  • I am not sure but i think i don´t need to pay rentals? (tried it with my own house and a house from a another player)

SUGGESTIONS:

• The radar blip are shown OVER player blips (and thats not good because the house blips are not realy small), can you change it?
  • I think its better when a player only can own ONE house, so its a fair share ambience on the server.
  • Whats when a player buy a house, disconnected and come never back? I think its better when there is a fife-day-limit befor it will automaticaly sell or so, is that possibly?

Thanks for new version!

BUG REPORT:

• When you own a house and rent your own, you are not able to unrent it, it says "You are not able to unrent your own house" ^^
  • When you rent a house (whats don´t yours), and try to unrent it, it says nothing...so i am not sure that the unrent works :wink:
  • I am not sure but i think i don´t need to pay rentals? (tried it with my own house and a house from a another player)

SUGGESTIONS:

• The radar blip are shown OVER player blips (and thats not good because the house blips are not realy small), can you change it?
  • I think its better when a player only can own ONE house, so its a fair share ambience on the server.
  • Whats when a player buy a house, disconnected and come never back? I think its better when there is a fife-day-limit befor it will automaticaly sell or so, is that possibly?

Thanks for new version!

BUG REPORT:

- yea, u wont be able to rent ur house from next version.

- i will check

- yea u do pay rentals every spawn. They go into the house bank. The owner does /withdraw to withdraw the money.

Kapil, if you add it should add the file to extraction from zip archives and therefore you can save/load file to/from the resource.

thx, will implement from next version.

Thanks for new version!

BUG REPORT:

- yea, u wont be able to rent ur house from next version.

- i will check

- yea u do pay rentals every spawn. They go into the house bank. The owner does /withdraw to withdraw the money.

Kapil, if you add it should add the file to extraction from zip archives and therefore you can save/load file to/from the resource.

thx, will implement from next version.

i also tried that... no result

Found some more bugs

first the script seemed to do ok

i could build,buy,rent,enter the house and i spawned in the house

then i made a couple of more houses and suddenly i couldnt build nomore and i lost my houses as well

also after that i couldnt join any house nomore

the second bug is when you build a house it sets the interieur with it but when you build more sometimes those interieur are the same and if someoneelse bought a house with that same interieur you spawn in the same house

i started debugscript and get the following error: WARNING: KIHC.lua Bad argument @ XMLNodeGetAttribute - line 470

Hopefully you can do something with it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

um, sorry for the bumb, but ive been using this for a while now, at first i had only made 9 houses, and got into scripting other things, that were more of a high priority to my server. 4 of the 9 houses had owners, but i wanted to start all over, so, i added the files from kihc\reset and started building again, i know this number because i was writing down the house numbers and how much each should be worth, and, because i didnt know what interior i would end up with (its random) and i didnt wanna build a house, see the interior, buy it, set cost and sell it, i made it to 16 houses, no prices set in the game. i exited the game cause i had to eat, and then edited what values i had in kihc_database.xml from 50000 to what the price i wrote down was. i loaded the game back up, and started to make more houses. i made 31 all together, then i was going to make my 32nd house and it didnt warp me inside. so i thought i typed the command wrong, so i typed it again, still nothing, i thought hmm, so i turned on the debug script, at level 3, and got the following errors:

WARNING: KIHC.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 417 
WARNING: KIHC.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeGetAttribute' - Line: 452 
WARNING: KIHC.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeSetAttribute' - Line: 417 
WARNING: KIHC.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeGetAttribute' - Line: 452 
WARNING: KIHC.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeGetAttribute' - Line: 470 
ERROR: ... & MTA/Stuff/mods/deathmatch/resources/kihc/KIHC.lua:302: attempt to concatenate a nil value 
WARNING: KIHC.lua: Bad argument @ 'xmlNodeFindSubNode' - Line: 406 
ERROR: ... & MTA/Stuff/mods/deathmatch/resources/kihc/KIHC.lua:503: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'house' (a nil value) 

so, i copied and pasted the files from kihc\reset again, and it still wouldnt build... now, even after downloading fresh and new, deleting the whole KIHC folder, making a new one, and extracting to it, it still does nothing... what gives?

• 1 month later...

I have this script too...and uhm i cant set how much the house cost...and i cant enter the house after /buildhouse

So whats the problem...? and if i walk into the house marker (something like that) then in the chatwindow says [/details] [/enter] ect. but if a walk further then the house marker goes away...

Sorry About my english is it not very good :roll:

SpeeddeviL[NL]

• 7 months later...

Hi!

This script works! but only i have 1 problem.. if you rent a house then you can't unrent!!

the error: [19:02:22] ERROR: ...dreas/Server/mods/deathmatch/resources/kihc/KIHC.lua:246: attempt to call global 'isHouseTenent' (a nil value). I hope u can help me!!!

Best whishes,

Hawk

Hi!

This script works! but only i have 1 problem.. if you rent a house then you can't unrent!!

the error: [19:02:22] ERROR: ...dreas/Server/mods/deathmatch/resources/kihc/KIHC.lua:246: attempt to call global 'isHouseTenent' (a nil value). I hope u can help me!!!

Best whishes,

Hawk

Heey Jammie,

Little bit of script debuging, the error: attemt to call global '***' (a nil value). This error means that the function or an variable doesn't exists.

My tip is try to redownload this system, and put it again in your resource folder and test it. Maybe it'll help.