[REL] Kapil's Instant House Construction - [KIHC 0.1.61]

Kapil

These warnings comes up, because e.g. loadData_kihc gets called, but the element parameter is player element, not players name! So you can't use tostring( element ) because the string shows "userdata: ". You need to use getClientName( element ) to get player's name to continue the procedure. In Lua, you always need to make sure that arguments passed to function are the arguments that you expect them to be e.g. string.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These warnings comes up, because e.g. loadData_kihc gets called, but the element parameter is player element, not players name! So you can't use tostring( element ) because the string shows "userdata: ". You need to use getClientName( element ) to get player's name to continue the procedure. In Lua, you always need to make sure that arguments passed to function are the arguments that you expect them to be e.g. string.

I have some probs too on Xp.

Building works ,house buy works but the house still has no owner it sais

and i can enter it once after that im unable to enter the house nomore.

I found at least one interieur with no exitmarker

And it would be nice if you can set the right interieur with the right building

was fixed in 0.1.3

i wonder how u did that, none of us have those exit markers.

was fixed in 0.1.3

I haven't looked at this in detail, but it looks good.

Could another resource use this to generate houses? Ideally they'd be able to specify them in their .map files, e.g. or something...

Could another resource use this to generate houses? Ideally they'd be able to specify them in their .map files, e.g. or something...

Edit:

i havent tried that before, the current version should be able to run with other resources.

Ideally they'd be able to specify them in their .map files, e.g. or something...

and yea there is a file kihc_houses.xml in which the houses are stored. E.g.

<house1> 
      <positionx value="1948.875"/> 
      <positiony value="-1713.59375"/> 
      <positionz value="13.546875"/> 
      <positionix value="295.138977"/> 
      <positioniy value="1474.469971"/> 
      <positioniz value="1080.519897"/> 
      <positionii value="15"/> 
   </house1> 

Edit:

i havent tried that before, the current version should be able to run with other resources.

Ideally they'd be able to specify them in their .map files, e.g. or something...

and yea there is a file kihc_houses.xml in which the houses are stored. E.g.

That's not really what I meant.

Each resource can have .map files. They specify things like vehicles, objects, but they can also specify custom elements, such as houses. You can handle these when the resource starts (onResourceStart) and generate their 'world' representation of them (a pickup), and any data structures in your code. This will allow houses to be placed in the (soon to be released) map editor without editing any files by hand, just drag and drop... If you're confused, bug me on IRC and I'll explain it in better detail :)

That's not really what I meant.

Each resource can have .map files. They specify things like vehicles, objects, but they can also specify custom elements, such as houses. You can handle these when the resource starts (onResourceStart) and generate their 'world' representation of them (a pickup), and any data structures in your code. This will allow houses to be placed in the (soon to be released) map editor without editing any files by hand, just drag and drop... If you're confused, bug me on IRC and I'll explain it in better detail :)

Now i tested the newest version:

I still get the warnings, and when i log me in as admin, /buildhouse don´t work, no errors or so :?

And /scripter login don´t work, but thats because now that´s should work when i log me in as admin, but don´t work ^^

Now i tested the newest version:

I still get the warnings, and when i log me in as admin, /buildhouse don´t work, no errors or so :?

And /scripter login don´t work, but thats because now that´s should work when i log me in as admin, but don´t work ^^

I was mistaking about the marker but theres an open space in 1 of the interieurs were you fall into the sky and drop down

o ye In the newest version im not able to enter a house at all

you willl need to be logged in to do that, bcoz any one can change their names to the name of the house owners. PS was added in the latest version as a update.

I was mistaking about the marker but theres an open space in 1 of the interieurs were you fall into the sky and drop down

o ye In the newest version im not able to enter a house at all

you willl need to be logged in to do that, bcoz any one can change their names to the name of the house owners. PS was added in the latest version as a update.

Kapil, have you read my post on previous page? They will always get the warnings and they will never make it work... I wonder how you managed to run it without problems :roll:

I've noticed that when you call e.g. loadData_kihc you pass pickup element to that function not player's name! That's what I've found yesterday and I still see it in 0.1.3.

Kapil, have you read my post on previous page? They will always get the warnings and they will never make it work... I wonder how you managed to run it without problems :roll:

I've noticed that when you call e.g. loadData_kihc you pass pickup element to that function not player's name! That's what I've found yesterday and I still see it in 0.1.3.

you willl need to be logged in to do that

And absolutly that don´t work for me in the new version when i log me in (yes, as admin with full rights)

(I speaking about /buildhouse)

EDIT:

And absolutly that don´t work for me in the new version when i log me in (yes, as admin with full rights)

EDIT:

can u show me a line where i am calling it as a pickup element ?

EDIT:

u must be kidding, the 0.1.3 was fully bug free and it was tested with 3 ppl excluding me before release. Makesure you got banIP function permissions as an admin.

can u show me a line where i am calling it as a pickup element ?

EDIT:

u must be kidding, the 0.1.3 was fully bug free and it was tested with 3 ppl excluding me before release. Makesure you got banIP function permissions as an admin.