pushed away when driving in teleport, pleas help

Hi, i have a funny problem and PLEEASS take a little bit time to help me :)

i created a cylinder-marker, and when i drive in it, i want to be teleporting in an interior.

and yes, all that´s works PERFECT!, but: ( :lol::roll: )

when i drive with a vehicle in it, i get pushed extremely away, here is a screenshot:

lol.jpg

(I think most people know what i mean, it´s like a cheater pushes you away in the old mta race client. :wink:)

Now i trying to fix that, and i already have a idea: i create a vehicle frezz time after the vehicle and player teleports, and 3 (for example) seconds latter, it will be unleashed.

Ok, i already scripting it, but now the vehicle don´t move in the interior, its freezed inside the cylinder.

The player moves to the interior, but he is still in the vehicle and so he don´t teleports too:

LOL2.jpg

Here is my code:

function markerBeamer( player ) 
    if isPlayerInVehicle ( player ) then 
      setElementInterior ( player, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 ) 
      setPlayerRotation ( player, 90 ) 
       local playerVehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( player ) 
       setVehicleFrozen ( playerVehicle, true ) 
      setTimer( unfrozen, 3000, 1 ) 
    end 
  end 
        function unfrozen( player ) 
          local playerVehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( player ) 
          setVehicleFrozen ( playerVehicle, false ) 
        end 

-------

And another question: why function unfrozen don´t work? i get this warnings:

WARNING: warp.lua: Bad argument @ 'getPlayerOccupiedVehicle' - Line: 82 
WARNING: warp.lua: Bad argument @ 'setVehicleFrozen' - Line: 83 

and the vehicle don´t get unfrozen after 3 seconds, why? (but that´s not the main question!)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i have a funny problem and PLEEASS take a little bit time to help me :)

i created a cylinder-marker, and when i drive in it, i want to be teleporting in an interior.

and yes, all that´s works PERFECT!, but: ( :lol::roll: )

when i drive with a vehicle in it, i get pushed extremely away, here is a screenshot:

lol.jpg

(I think most people know what i mean, it´s like a cheater pushes you away in the old mta race client. :wink:)

Now i trying to fix that, and i already have a idea: i create a vehicle frezz time after the vehicle and player teleports, and 3 (for example) seconds latter, it will be unleashed.

Ok, i already scripting it, but now the vehicle don´t move in the interior, its freezed inside the cylinder.

The player moves to the interior, but he is still in the vehicle and so he don´t teleports too:

LOL2.jpg

Here is my code:

......function markerBeamer( player )    if isPlayerInVehicle ( player ) then      setElementInterior ( player, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 )      setPlayerRotation ( player, 90 )       local playerVehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( player )       setVehicleFrozen ( playerVehicle, true )      setTimer( unfrozen, 3000, 1 )    end  end        function unfrozen( player )          local playerVehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( player )          setVehicleFrozen ( playerVehicle, false )        end......

-------

And another question: why function unfrozen don´t work? i get this warnings:

WARNING: warp.lua: Bad argument @ 'getPlayerOccupiedVehicle' - Line: 82WARNING: warp.lua: Bad argument @ 'setVehicleFrozen' - Line: 83

and the vehicle don´t get unfrozen after 3 seconds, why? (but that´s not the main question!)

You're only setting the interior of the player - is that right ? Should you try setting the vehicles instead or both ?

Also, your warnings are because when you set the timer, you need to pass the player variable so it will be passed to the unfreeze bit. Like:

setTimer( unfrozen, 3000, 1, player) 

You're only setting the interior of the player - is that right ? Should you try setting the vehicles instead or both ?

Also, your warnings are because when you set the timer, you need to pass the player variable so it will be passed to the unfreeze bit. Like:

setTimer( unfrozen, 3000, 1, player) 

Thanks! your setTimer fix works :)

Now the setTimer bug is away.

So, back to the main bug:

I already thinking about it too and tries that:

setElementInterior ( player, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 ) 
      setElementInterior ( playerVehicle, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 ) 

But don´t work.

Then i tries that:

setElementInterior ( playerVehicle, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 ) 

(So i removed the setElementInterior for the player)

But nothing from this works, it´s still the same problem.

Any other ideas or tips? :)

Thanks! your setTimer fix works :)

Now the setTimer bug is away.

So, back to the main bug:

I already thinking about it too and tries that:

setElementInterior ( player, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 )      setElementInterior ( playerVehicle, 15, -1400.5998535156, 996.78350830078, 1043.6085205078 )

But don´t work.

Then i tries that:

(So i removed the setElementInterior for the player)

But nothing from this works, it´s still the same problem.

Any other ideas or tips? :)

i don't know whether this would work, and it is purely speculative, but once you and the car hits the marker you take the player out of the car (removePlayerFromVehicle) , move them both to the interior (at different positions otherwise one will be in the other) and then put the player back in the car (warpPlayerIntoVehicle).

I've got a feeling this was a fix for another bug that was similar. I may however be wrong. let me know how it goes.

i don't know whether this would work, and it is purely speculative, but once you and the car hits the marker you take the player out of the car (removePlayerFromVehicle) , move them both to the interior (at different positions otherwise one will be in the other) and then put the player back in the car (warpPlayerIntoVehicle).

I've got a feeling this was a fix for another bug that was similar. I may however be wrong. let me know how it goes.

I don't think it is too hard, find out what the vehicle element is and then setElementPosition (it'll be the same car, just moved).

then just do a simple loop to check that the passengers:

passenger = {} 
for i = 0,  getVehicleMaxPassengers(theVehicle) do 
passenger[i] = getVehicleOccupant (theVehicle, i ) 
if passenger[i] then 
removePlayerFromVehicle( passenger[i]) 
--and setElementPosition(passenger[i], blah blah) here 
-- 
end 
setElementPosition(theVehicle, blah, blah) 
for k=0,#passenger do 
warpPlayerIntoVehicle(passenger[k],theVehicle,k) 
end 

i'd do something like that. :)

I don't think it is too hard, find out what the vehicle element is and then setElementPosition (it'll be the same car, just moved).

then just do a simple loop to check that the passengers:

passenger = {}for i = 0,  getVehicleMaxPassengers(theVehicle) dopassenger[i] = getVehicleOccupant (theVehicle, i )if passenger[i] thenremovePlayerFromVehicle( passenger[i])--and setElementPosition(passenger[i], blah blah) here--endsetElementPosition(theVehicle, blah, blah)for k=0,#passenger dowarpPlayerIntoVehicle(passenger[k],theVehicle,k)end 

i'd do something like that. :)

Hi, I has similar problems when teleporting an occupied vehicle. The vehicle would simply catapult into the air after the teleport and burst into flames :shock: . What I did afterwards is teleport the vehicle and froze it in position. At the same time a timer would check if the camera was back in position again. When it did the vehicle was unfrozen again and fixed the problem for me in almost all cases.

Hi, I has similar problems when teleporting an occupied vehicle. The vehicle would simply catapult into the air after the teleport and burst into flames :shock: . What I did afterwards is teleport the vehicle and froze it in position. At the same time a timer would check if the camera was back in position again. When it did the vehicle was unfrozen again and fixed the problem for me in almost all cases.

thanks for all the reply!

@Willy: thanks, i will try it tonight

@Capsinurass and R3mp: i already tried setVehicleRotation

@Ace_Gambit: yea, i have the same idea, can you pleas post your code?

@tma, Willy, Capsinurass, R3mp, Ace_Gambit: thanks for all the help =)

thanks for all the reply!

@Willy: thanks, i will try it tonight

@Capsinurass and R3mp: i already tried setVehicleRotation

@Ace_Gambit: yea, i have the same idea, can you pleas post your code?

@tma, Willy, Capsinurass, R3mp, Ace_Gambit: thanks for all the help =)

just realised a potential problem, but testing would figure it out - to do with passengers if you've got one at 1, or 2 missing, but one at 2 or 3 (respectively) i.e. you've got a gap, it'll either not put the passenger after the gap back in, or it might put them in at the wrong seat.

or... it could work fine.

just thought i'd let you know - could be easily solved with other conditions and stuff.

just realised a potential problem, but testing would figure it out - to do with passengers if you've got one at 1, or 2 missing, but one at 2 or 3 (respectively) i.e. you've got a gap, it'll either not put the passenger after the gap back in, or it might put them in at the wrong seat.

or... it could work fine.

just thought i'd let you know - could be easily solved with other conditions and stuff.

I fixed it now! But thanks all for all the help!

I just added a timer to frezz the vehicle 100ms after i drives in a teleport, and not in the same function :)

But i have a quick question in scripting: whats the opposite from isPlayerInVehicle? i searched in the wiki but found nothing like isPlayerNotInVehicle or isPlayerOnfoot. Can anybody help me?

I fixed it now! But thanks all for all the help!

I just added a timer to frezz the vehicle 100ms after i drives in a teleport, and not in the same function :)

But i have a quick question in scripting: whats the opposite from isPlayerInVehicle? i searched in the wiki but found nothing like isPlayerNotInVehicle or isPlayerOnfoot. Can anybody help me?

Here is an alternative (maybe cleaner) method to prevent vehicle from being catapulted into the air. Your method works as well but could cause problems on slow computers. I have noticed that the catapulting is related to the streaming of world objects. When objects are not fully streamed in the vehicle is catapulted more often. What happens on slow computers is that the camera is not close enough to the vehicle when your method unfreezes it. The following code may prevent that from happening.

client

function trackcam(vehicle) 
  local x, y, z = getElementPosition(vehicle) 
  local cx, cy, cz = getCameraPosition() 
  local dist = getDistanceBetweenPoints3D(x, y, z, cx, cy, cz) 
  if (dist < 25.0) then 
    setVehicleFrozen(vehicle, false) 
  else 
    setTimer(trackcam, 50, 1, vehicle) 
  end 
end 

function yourtpfunc() 
  -- teleport the vehicle 
  trackcam(vehicle) 
end 

Why do you need a function that says you are not in a vehicle when that is exactly what the isPlayerInVehicle function does?