Desperate developer.

laurens

Hello MTA community.

For a few months now, I'm waiting for support. I have fully playable gamemode waiting on my computer to get released. There's only one thing that stops me from releasing it for those months. A spawnbug. I am 100% sure it's a bug since I stripped down the code to the bare minimum it needs to let the bug occur. On mIRC I got promised a few times that they would help me. But I had to ask another time because they were busy. Now, after months, I'm still not helped. This bug has stopped me from creating any more gamemodes for MTA. So this is my very last and desperate attempt: does any of the MTA developers want to help me and at least watch what happens when you spawn?

I will post a few pictures of the gamemode of mine soon. So hopefully, a few of you might get excited about it.

3002.png 3003.png 3004.png 3005.png 3006.png

Hello MTA community.

For a few months now, I'm waiting for support. I have fully playable gamemode waiting on my computer to get released. There's only one thing that stops me from releasing it for those months. A spawnbug. I am 100% sure it's a bug since I stripped down the code to the bare minimum it needs to let the bug occur. On mIRC I got promised a few times that they would help me. But I had to ask another time because they were busy. Now, after months, I'm still not helped. This bug has stopped me from creating any more gamemodes for MTA. So this is my very last and desperate attempt: does any of the MTA developers want to help me and at least watch what happens when you spawn?

I will post a few pictures of the gamemode of mine soon. So hopefully, a few of you might get excited about it.

3002.png 3003.png 3004.png 3005.png 3006.png

ah ok i just had an idea because you said that it only appears when somebody dies and than respawns.

I would suggest using this:

function player_Wasted () 
    setTimer( spawn, 500, 1, source ) 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), player_Wasted ) 

instead of this:

local x = randInt ( startX - 15, startX + 15 ) 
    local y = randInt ( startY - 15, startY - 5 ) 
    setTimer( spawnPlayer, 500, 1, source, 1485.5, 1168.5, 17 ) 
end 

because the coordinates you used in setTimer( spawnPlayer, 500, 1, source, 1485.5, 1168.5, 17 ) are different from the starting coordinates and the local x and local y values above this line are never used.

ah ok i just had an idea because you said that it only appears when somebody dies and than respawns.

function player_Wasted ()    setTimer( spawn, 500, 1, source )endaddEventHandler ( "onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), player_Wasted )

instead of this:

function player_Wasted ()    local x = randInt ( startX - 15, startX + 15 )    local y = randInt ( startY - 15, startY - 5 )    setTimer( spawnPlayer, 500, 1, source, 1485.5, 1168.5, 17 )endaddEventHandler ( "onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), player_Wasted )

because the coordinates you used in setTimer( spawnPlayer, 500, 1, source, 1485.5, 1168.5, 17 ) are different from the starting coordinates and the local x and local y values above this line are never used.

setTimer( spawn, 500, 1, source ) 
end 

instead of this:

local x = randInt ( startX - 15, startX + 15 ) 
    local y = randInt ( startY - 15, startY - 5 ) 
    setTimer( spawnPlayer, 500, 1, source, 1485.5, 1168.5, 17 ) 
end 

Tried it and it doesn't work either :(

There seems nothing wrong with the coding, so that's why I think it's a bug inside the MTA core.

function player_Wasted ()    setTimer( spawn, 500, 1, source )endaddEventHandler ( "onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), player_Wasted )

instead of this:

function player_Wasted ()    local x = randInt ( startX - 15, startX + 15 )    local y = randInt ( startY - 15, startY - 5 )    setTimer( spawnPlayer, 500, 1, source, 1485.5, 1168.5, 17 )endaddEventHandler ( "onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), player_Wasted )

Tried it and it doesn't work either :(

There seems nothing wrong with the coding, so that's why I think it's a bug inside the MTA core.