Game freezes

Guest Sodori

I've read just about ewryvere and sorry for not providing a screenshot on my problem.

Thing is I start game. Game goes throught all this intro movies and loads the game. And when I am in the main menu were I can choose new game and sutch *WHAAAM* it freezes, and GTA stops answer. I have to do an ctrl + alt + del to close it and I get pissed on it. Would any bring me an solution??

Running on a:

AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4800+ 2,50 GHz

2046mb ram

Radeon X1950

I aint sure about how to check versitions btw, but I do watever your suggestion is because I really so wanna make a LAN with ma friends on this! Tomorrow I will try make this work on my brothers computer, hope it won't work :redhotevil:

EDIT: Just ensured the software on grafic card is up to date.

I've read just about ewryvere and sorry for not providing a screenshot on my problem.

Thing is I start game. Game goes throught all this intro movies and loads the game. And when I am in the main menu were I can choose new game and sutch *WHAAAM* it freezes, and GTA stops answer. I have to do an ctrl + alt + del to close it and I get pissed on it. Would any bring me an solution??

Running on a:

AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4800+ 2,50 GHz

2046mb ram

Radeon X1950

I aint sure about how to check versitions btw, but I do watever your suggestion is because I really so wanna make a LAN with ma friends on this! Tomorrow I will try make this work on my brothers computer, hope it won't work :redhotevil:

EDIT: Just ensured the software on grafic card is up to date.

It's more than likely your video card's drivers. Although up-to-date, ATI is being extremely lazy with their Vista drivers. They make drivers that are Vista-usuable, but not Vista-compatible. In other words, they took their old XP drivers and made them run on Vista without fixing any bugs that arose due to some OS changes. I experience this issue too with my ATI Radeon X1300 PCI Edition under Vista all the time, but under XP it's fine. Once again, to clear up any issues people have with Vista, it's not Vista that's the problem. It's the lazy companies that make drivers for it that refuse to take their time to make quality products that run correctly.

It's more than likely your video card's drivers. Although up-to-date, ATI is being extremely lazy with their Vista drivers. They make drivers that are Vista-usuable, but not Vista-compatible. In other words, they took their old XP drivers and made them run on Vista without fixing any bugs that arose due to some OS changes. I experience this issue too with my ATI Radeon X1300 PCI Edition under Vista all the time, but under XP it's fine. Once again, to clear up any issues people have with Vista, it's not Vista that's the problem. It's the lazy companies that make drivers for it that refuse to take their time to make quality products that run correctly.