Race and Vista SP1?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all that BS, you release an update for race and dont make it vista compatible.

I speak for myself and probably MOST MTA Race players when I say.. It will be a long long time before I consider MTA DM for my Race type cravings.

This is a very very sad day to say the least.

I am totally shocked, and I feel now more than ever that Vista compatibility is simply and intentionaly being ignored for the benifit of DM.

After all that BS, you release an update for race and dont make it vista compatible.

I speak for myself and probably MOST MTA Race players when I say.. It will be a long long time before I consider MTA DM for my Race type cravings.

I am totally shocked, and I feel now more than ever that Vista compatibility is simply and intentionaly being ignored for the benifit of DM.

I totally agree.

MTA Race was made for racing, MTA deathmatch was not. I play the game to race. I want MTA Race to work on vista!

I totally agree.

MTA Race was made for racing, MTA deathmatch was not. I play the game to race. I want MTA Race to work on vista!

Oh for gods sake, stop overreacting. I made this race fix at 4am in the morning the day before I have a very important exam, because people wanted a race fix. I _THOUGHT_ it would work on Vista - it was even on the changelog. Unfortunately it doesn't currently, and if someone can tell me specifically WHAT is wrong with it, I'll have a go at fixing it and we can release 1.1.3. If people just want to bitch about it and not offer any information, I can't help.

Oh for gods sake, stop overreacting. I made this race fix at 4am in the morning the day before I have a very important exam, because people wanted a race fix. I _THOUGHT_ it would work on Vista - it was even on the changelog. Unfortunately it doesn't currently, and if someone can tell me specifically WHAT is wrong with it, I'll have a go at fixing it and we can release 1.1.3. If people just want to bitch about it and not offer any information, I can't help.

I don't know why it wont work on vista, it just wont load.

I don't know why it wont work on vista, it just wont load.

Okay, it seems like the following needs to be done to 1.1.2 to

get it to work without installing over 1.1.1 :

rename

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\editor

to

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\map_editor

create

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\map_editor\maps

Okay, it seems like the following needs to be done to 1.1.2 to

get it to work without installing over 1.1.1 :

rename

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\editor

to

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\map_editor

create

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\map_editor\maps

also,

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\race\models

along with its contents, is completely missing from 1.1.2

Don't know if its required though...

Edit: Just checked - it is required for in-game pickup graphics

also,

\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\race\models

along with its contents, is completely missing from 1.1.2

Don't know if its required though...

Edit: Just checked - it is required for in-game pickup graphics

I dunno if this helps any or not but I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1 and "core.txt" in "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\MTA" says something that may be useful:

** -- Unhandled exception -- ** 

Mod name = TODO 
Time = Sun May 18 14:26:17 2008 
Code = 0xC0000005 
Offset = 0x04878C0F 

EAX=04878C0F  EBX=7FFD6000  ECX=021B07C8  EDX=018E793C  ESI=00000007 
EDI=018E692C  EBP=0177FEE4  ESP=0177FECC  EIP=04878C0F  FLG=00010202 
CS=001B   DS=0023  SS=0023  ES=0023   FS=003B  GS=0000 

** -- End of unhandled exception -- ** 

BTW when I start the race it just shows the splash screen and goes back to desktop... I'm assuming this "core.log" would be the error log?

Edited by Guest

I dunno if this helps any or not but I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1 and "core.txt" in "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\MTA" says something that may be useful:

** -- Unhandled exception -- ** Mod name = TODOTime = Sun May 18 14:26:17 2008Code = 0xC0000005Offset = 0x04878C0F EAX=04878C0F  EBX=7FFD6000  ECX=021B07C8  EDX=018E793C  ESI=00000007EDI=018E692C  EBP=0177FEE4  ESP=0177FECC  EIP=04878C0F  FLG=00010202CS=001B   DS=0023  SS=0023  ES=0023   FS=003B  GS=0000 ** -- End of unhandled exception -- **   

BTW when I start the race it just shows the splash screen and goes back to desktop... I'm assuming this "core.log" would be the error log?

Edited by Guest