Race and Vista SP1?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just today while waiting for my copy of GTAIV for arrive I decided to go on and check if MTA:SA race worked on vista SP1 (which i just installed last night), feeling nostalgic about the old good days playing Cops & Robbers in some servers way long before i had a 360.

It doesnt work... I tried everything again just hoping something would work out and nothing, I definetely gotta admit i will ALWAYS miss MTA:SA race, i know that DM mode runs perfectly but...its just not the same thing if you know what I mean

I stopped playing a year or so ago when i had to install vista, its kinda retarded i know, but i still miss those days once in a while...

Good luck

And I know not much people does this, but honestly, i wanna thank the MTA team for making so many hours of the best online fun ive had yet possible, and hell trust me ive played tons of games online, from halo to SSBB ,and still MTA holds a very special place in my memories

RIP MTA:SA RACE at least for me and many vista users who cant afford to DUal boot at all :cry:

just today while waiting for my copy of GTAIV for arrive I decided to go on and check if MTA:SA race worked on vista SP1 (which i just installed last night), feeling nostalgic about the old good days playing Cops & Robbers in some servers way long before i had a 360.

It doesnt work... I tried everything again just hoping something would work out and nothing, I definetely gotta admit i will ALWAYS miss MTA:SA race, i know that DM mode runs perfectly but...its just not the same thing if you know what I mean

I stopped playing a year or so ago when i had to install vista, its kinda retarded i know, but i still miss those days once in a while...

Good luck

And I know not much people does this, but honestly, i wanna thank the MTA team for making so many hours of the best online fun ive had yet possible, and hell trust me ive played tons of games online, from halo to SSBB ,and still MTA holds a very special place in my memories

RIP MTA:SA RACE at least for me and many vista users who cant afford to DUal boot at all :cry:

First: The bug is known before the release of MTA:DM......

Second: MTA:DM is not over yet, it's still a DP...

Third:Fix this little won't take time.

First: The bug is known before the release of MTA:DM......

Second: MTA:DM is not over yet, it's still a DP...

Third:Fix this little won't take time.

When it was found out that race is not compatible with vista it's sources been already lost, cause the core was updated for DM. I'd suggest you switch to DM. And anyway Race's server browser will stop working in a month due to ASE shutdown

When it was found out that race is not compatible with vista it's sources been already lost, cause the core was updated for DM. I'd suggest you switch to DM. And anyway Race's server browser will stop working in a month due to ASE shutdown

And anyway Race's server browser will stop working in a month due to ASE shutdown

OMFG Thats just fkn great, now those of us who tried dm race and chose to stay with normal race no longer have a choice?

It seems like that "Lost Source" reason is a bit of crap, I doubt everyone who had it threw it out just cause dm had started.

If that source could be found, the browser and the vista fix would be in order.

Toady, I want to stop short of calling you a lier, but you gotta understand that that pile is a little hard to choke down m8.

I really want to see the MTA Race players reaction when the browser stops working, this place is going to get a little crazy.

Please try to find that source, there HAS to be one somewhere.

It seems like we are being forced to go to dm to bring up the player count or something.

ps. really toady no offence intended, im not implying that you would noingly lie about it.

And anyway Race's server browser will stop working in a month due to ASE shutdown

OMFG Thats just fkn great, now those of us who tried dm race and chose to stay with normal race no longer have a choice?

It seems like that "Lost Source" reason is a bit of crap, I doubt everyone who had it threw it out just cause dm had started.

Toady, I want to stop short of calling you a lier, but you gotta understand that that pile is a little hard to choke down m8.

I really want to see the MTA Race players reaction when the browser stops working, this place is going to get a little crazy.

It seems like we are being forced to go to dm to bring up the player count or something.

ps. really toady no offence intended, im not implying that you would noingly lie about it.

http://www.game-monitor.com

http://www.game-monitor.com

Probably you've never worked with SVN/CVS. The source is updated auto. So race sources started being updated by DM stuff as it's the same core.

Probably you've never worked with SVN/CVS. The source is updated auto. So race sources started being updated by DM stuff as it's the same core.

uhm?! now im totally confused... at first i thouht i read somewhere that the source code of race was lost.. Then when i said that in the comments on the ASE news at the main page eAi said it isnt lost but now you say it is?! So is the whole code really lost or is it just like kevwuk said earlier that some files of the race core where overwritten by writing the new dm core files?

uhm?! now im totally confused... at first i thouht i read somewhere that the source code of race was lost.. Then when i said that in the comments on the ASE news at the main page eAi said it isnt lost but now you say it is?! So is the whole code really lost or is it just like kevwuk said earlier that some files of the race core where overwritten by writing the new dm core files?

they meant that there might be a small update for Race to fix the server browser issue (this isn't 100% sure tho)

they meant that there might be a small update for Race to fix the server browser issue (this isn't 100% sure tho)