setWaterLevel ( # )

In a similar way to the "setWaveHeight( # )" but changing the Water's level

Could be setWaterHeight ( # ) too <.< :P

I know that its an as easy as the WaveHeight to do and I would greatly appreciate this addition in the future.

I don't know if its normally ment in such ways, but in this mod:

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/fil ... iser;82770

the water level is applied on the whole map (unlike Wave Height that only affects where Water initially is) wich I think is quite important to reproduce.

There is hundreds of memory address storing the water level for different points, so to have a function that would change them all wouldn't be very practicle.

The mod you link to there sets the water level in a config file before gta starts, MTA cannot do that.

So yea, it would be a cool function, but i doubt it will happen.

Well in the mod I linked, when you raise the Water level, it actually does flood everything (even usually non-water areas)

I know that the water isn't everywhere on the map, that its only like, (depending on the area) just a bit under the shore's lands. But I don't know how he managed to get water EVERYWHERE when you raise the Water Level.

I don't know, but do you think that it would be possible to somewhat, Add one master Water level, wich would be unrelated to the rest of the water (maybe desactivate the rest if possible too) and have that water level cover the whole map.

Unfortunatly I have no idea how the water works in this game. I don't know WHAT it is, like how much control we can have over it and etc.

• 2 months later...

Having only just seen this topic, if you really want water on the server, actually use the water level editor mentioned. It works with MTA since I tried it on my reclusive test server before.

Saying that though, it wouldn't work if you wanted everybody to see water. Only you would see water, unless other players have the water editor and the exact same water level as you do, working.