readme.1st

People cant see me in game , so i need to change the compatibilty modes, but i dont know where i can change them in windows 2000 pro.

If some1 knows it, comment pls

apx

AND no, there isnt a compatibilty tab in win2k properties, so how to do it?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Today, when I was flying a Sparrow over water, my chopper was jacked in midair. But, the weird part is, when I fell into the water, I was able to walk in it! I was actually being dragged in the water, but I could walk in it. I didn't know what was going on.

system specs:

windows xp home

nvidia geforce2 mx 200

512 MB ddr sdram

pentium 4 1.4 ghz

Today, when I was flying a Sparrow over water, my chopper was jacked in midair. But, the weird part is, when I fell into the water, I was able to walk in it! I was actually being dragged in the water, but I could walk in it. I didn't know what was going on.

Its called Jesus-mode!

rofl

• 2 weeks later...

my friend and i cannot get MTA VC to work over a lan and we both run XP. We have the server all working and can see each other in the client box, but cannot see each other when we get into the game (like we are in seperate games). we can talk and send messages to each other but apart from that there is no multi player. if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it, your help would be appriciated.

thanks

Just downloaded MTA 0.2,it's great,but contrary to what the devs said on the tests,the transfer rate seems like double.I mean,my game starts running slow,not seing other players lag,and it takes even longer to draw things on the screen.

Hope you solve this problem.

Thx :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

If you are in the menu the area/map freezes and u can't die

Or if you press the menu button if you are fireing it keeps fireing.

Cheaters and lamers are using that and the games crashes. and they are immortal if they can't win in a fire-war face 2 face.

Greetz,

Aeron

(P.s. dunno if this subject is posted before!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I don't want to fill in a bug report form because I don't know if it's MTA:VC thats to blame.

Ok the problem is this. I live in England and have ADSL broadband. I use a modem D-Link DSL-300G+. It's an ethernet modem with a single port. My Internet connection has been great for the past few months without any problems. But the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing problems with the modem taking sometime to connect to the Internet when I turn it on, but thats been happening before I started playing MTA:VC so don't worry about that, it maybe my modem or ISP thats to blame. The problem I am raising here is that the last few days my Internet connection has been dropping out and my IP address changing when playing MTA:VC. I have not experienced this happing with any other program I use on my PC that uses the Internet so all I can put it down to is a problem with MTA:VC. Just to clear it up has anyone else been having a similar program like this?

Thanks for any help and if this is the wrong place to post this then I am sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone help me, everytime i join a game i get 2 the message of the day screen it then beeps and crashes out!!

and reason y it would do this!!! got vc version 1.1 and mta version 0.2.2

• 1 month later...

Me and two of my friends played MTA: VC last weekend. We have 10Mbits/s ethernet LAN with one hub. I runned the server because i've got the fastest machine (AXP2200+ 512MB GF4Ti4200)

Clients and the server were the latest releases.

A few newbie questions:

1. Game "warps" alot. Should it work like that? I mean that when my friend is driving at front of me he seems to go forward in little "jumps". Is this normal?

2. When you shoot someone with a shotgun he falls down. The players character doesen't stand up, but he moves around the city by laying down. Is this normal?

PS.

Pardon my english. It's been a while sinse i've written something in english.

Me and two of my friends played MTA: VC last weekend. We have 10Mbits/s ethernet LAN with one hub. I runned the server because i've got the fastest machine (AXP2200+ 512MB GF4Ti4200)

Clients and the server were the latest releases.

A few newbie questions:

1. Game "warps" alot. Should it work like that? I mean that when my friend is driving at front of me he seems to go forward in little "jumps". Is this normal?

2. When you shoot someone with a shotgun he falls down. The players character doesen't stand up, but he moves around the city by laying down. Is this normal?

PS.

Pardon my english. It's been a while sinse i've written something in english.

Better english than just about everyone else

Both problems are common in mta it's just one of the things that you deal with. They are the same problem. sync. Your computer thinks the guy is knocked down. His computer has his player standing and shooting so your computer has him shooting while laying.

The car is the same thing, lag, sync...

This is a client side game. That means that your computer is the final judge. If you computer looses a packet. (for instance. You throw a moltov.) In your screen he is on fire. He doesn't see anything. Or you might switch weapons and he missed the packet. He sees you punching while you are shooting and kills you easily.

a few tips.

Keep moving always.

Switch weaps if you seem to be doing no damage.

Ignore the spawning of the other guys weaps or his health disappearing. He isn't dead until you see it in the chat.

If you blow up a car and he is off the map? Run and wait for him to reappear on the map he could be anywhere by the time you sync up again.

hope to see you online,

bye

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem: I'll connect to a server and get ready to play (I'm running version 1.0) and when I hit "Start Game" the CD begins to spin and I'm like "oh yea, this is gonna be cool" and BAM! the blue screen of death....yes...and it stays like that for as long as I'll wait, no way out either, I have to reboot. I'm running a high-end system, updated drivers, should be no problem. Windows XP Proffessional (as we all know, favors the blue screen of death). Someone please tell me how to fix this? And yes I've reinstalled Vice City, all clean with no mods, etc.

I got a different problem....

MTA says it can't find mta_dll.dll someplace.

MTA1.JPG

A previous version of MTA was there (c:\MyTIData\Backups\Apps\sound)

What do I have to do to make it work? I tried the reset game path button.....

Maybe I gotta clean the registry? I can't find anything about MTA there....

• 3 weeks later...

As for the blue screen of death this is almost certain due to old/incorrect motherboard drivers. Never use the ones that come with XP as they dont work- d/l some from the motherboard manufacturers website.

If the BSOD says something about a parity error then your memory is playing up- try pulling it out, blowing the dust off and then reseating it.

The only other thing I can think of is that you need to install SP1a and the Quake 3 hotfix as this prevented a lot of my crashes.

Hello, I'm a pure newbie and was wondering if you guys could help get me started.

:shock:

Myself and a couple of buddies are trying to get a LAN game going but we can't get into the game. The game loads to about 98% in the pink bar and the yellow writting in the top says that we connect to each other but it freezes there and thats it.

We tried monkeying around for ages trying to find help and we're still stuck.

Could you guys help out a bunch of virtual gangsta wannabies?

Thanks and sorry if we're posting to the wrong area but we couldn't post our own topic. :)