readme.1st

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you can call me what you want but I have problems with starting a server. I have read your manual and followed it. I have personolized the server config, and then I press the save and start server but nothing happens. So after that I had punched that and nothing happends I punch the MTAserver.exe and I get a window up where I can see all my config but what do I do then. Need 2 know so I can play LAn offline later on.

Will this mod ever work on 98? For all you about to spam me about how 98 sux u can go screw yourselves. Sry but thats what i think. I noticed a 30% boost in fps when changing from xp to 98. As i am a gamer so 98 is my os of choice. So will this mod ever work for 98?

Hi, Big prob i'm running xp, I got MTA for VC and whenever I try and load the game the screen goes black and makes an error noise, it closes when I hit enter, I think the error message is there but I cant see it, I would like some help cuz I want to play :)

OK this is the error :( found it

GTA-VC caused an invalid page fault in

module GTA-VC.EXE at 017f:0044b557.

Registers:

EAX=000003e8 CS=017f EIP=0044b557 EFLGS=00210202

EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=00eaf484 EBP=007e3fc0

ECX=007d7444 DS=0187 ESI=007e3f38 FS=0cef

EDX=007e3f48 ES=0187 EDI=0000001a GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

89 03 30 c0 81 c4 88 00 00 00 5d 5f 5e 5b c2 04

Stack dump:

004085c4 00000044 00000001 00000000 00005337 00001a24 00000001 0096e8a8 00020724 000019f5 0040bbbe 00000000 0097f068 006dbb5d 0097f1f8 00d1c6a1

hi,

my problem is that VC crashes at regular intervals (usually every 10-15 minutes)

The whole screen locks up and I have to ctrl-alt-del to quit VC.

The client is still working fine though and I am still connected to the server.

I am running VC 1.0 nocd (with no cheats)

System:

Windows 2000

Athlon XP 2600+

512Mb RAM

Radeon 9500

512 adsl router connection

even though so many people said 98 sucks,ill still say if u r wanting to play games at best results choose 98. because it doesn't require much memory or speed, so this will result in more speed for ur game to run. i got windows 98se, i can play every game in the world. even planet side (and that is one BIG game) but a bit laggy :( when i looked at everyones problem, most of them appeared to be using windows XP, and i also saw some ppl asking if the mode is ever going to work on 98!? i don't know if it does or doesn't work on 98 but im getting the game in 1 hour and im getting mta:vc and ill tell u if i get any probs,

My spec:

windows 98se

1.25ghz amd

256mb ddr

800x600

leadtek geforce4 ti4200 64mbs.

and some crappy sound card =[

10/100 lan network card "im on router"

----------------------------------

I have never faced a problem running a game on this pc

----------------------------------

ooooook, when i connect it goes smoothly, i start vice city and start game and enter really smoothly, then after a short period like 5secs i get disconnected and it says connection to server time out :shock: then i reconnect and the same thing happens again :!:

1. Car Jackings, no matter where the hell you are

( Ive gotten jacked from a helicopter like 7 times when I was miles above any building or person)

2. Ghost Town

Without any Pedestrians or Police The game just doesnt feel right.

3. The Walking / Running Issues

For some reason everyone besides you slides around instead of walking

Also, whenever someone is on the ground after a blast from a shotgun, they they slide on the ground, making it extremely hard to shoot them

4. That Damn Unhandled Exception Crash

5. You need new game modes such as Gang Wars or something

CAN SOMEONE PLZ GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE ABOUT WHEN THE NEW PATCH IS COMMIN OUT.

Hi, I have searched for an answer through the forums and only found a couple ppl having this issue but no answers. It seems that if you are behind a NAT and try to connect more than one client, the 2nd client will get an error about a player is already connected using that IP. Is it possible to fix this or is it just a limitation that must be lived with?

We will try to support Internet Connection Sharing and Network Adress Translation through routers to connect to the server with the same IP. I do not know what will be used to identify computers then, probably the hostname or nickname. I'm not sure if we will release a patch for this. Most likely, we will release a new MTA including such features. The best thing you can do for now, is set up a server on your private network, so you can join with all computers from that network, and let people from outside connect as well. (open up your designated ports -2003 is default) The only problem you will then get is that people with less bandwith than you will be 'pushed' off the server (the timeout bug), and with you being on a 10/100 network, that is likely happen a lot. If you are playing with people you know, you can ask the remote users to connect first, then connect the computers on the private network. That way, the people with the least bandwidth will not get disconnected, because they already have an assigned amount of bandwidth to the server. We are hoping to find a solution soon.

I have noticed that there is usually player 1 is SWAT, player 2 is some other model, and so on. But until recently now whenever I am the Swat dude I experience almost infinite car jackings, and i am killed very easily by other players. I can shoot for hours at anyone in the game, but they will never die. Its whenever i am some of the other character models the game works perfect. Even there are less timeouts and gamecrashes as some of the diffrent character models.

Is there a specific order of character models assigned to the player numbers or is it random or what???

Rage I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. Sometimes the game works fine, but most of the time people can't see me!!! :(

I use windows 2000 pro, maybe thats the problem. I heared that i have to change to compatiblty with Vice City but i have no idea how to do tis. Since no-one evertells me how i will never be ablyto play normally...

lol, Nosgoth. Here is how ya do it

Right Click on MTA CLIENT

Go to Properties

Click on Compatibility Tab

Then Click On compatible with Windows 2000

Do the Same with your GTA.exe file

That is what they say to do but it only makes the game work a bit more often on my machine